2013/06/01 - Blockland Sales Data

Author Topic: 2013/06/01 - Blockland Sales Data  (Read 46041 times)

I had no idea the stats were this good..

forget you, Valve  :cookieMonster:

Post it on /r/minecraft now
That's a terrible idea, we're trying to tell people that we're NOT like minecraft

That's a terrible idea, we're trying to tell people that we're NOT like minecraft
That and I've seen just as much hate from the MC community as the Roblox community.  Minecraft community basically hates every other sandbox game ever..

To Badspot directly:

My view on increasing sales would be to look at (the major talk of the topic) Minecraft or Garry's Mod sales and then at it's features. What does it have that supersedes Blockland's sales? What availability is there? Comparison is a useful tool when evaluating an issue; It may be vital for Greenlight priority, and any increase or decrease in potential buyers/players. You may realize you need to advertise more, which needs funding and/or cuts in spending. Another major point is to ask people for input. Use it to your benefit, make Blockland have advantages that you can't get from other games. If you don't care for my statements, at least try your best to boost profits successfully and achieve Greenlight status. Good luck.

The you-pay-money-for-it version of Blockland went on sale in February 2007.

Just curious: We used to call it Blockland Retail. At this point, that doesn't fit anymore? Seems like a nice way of putting it to me.

To Badspot directly:
This is normally a good ideology, but since most of Blockland's mods are user-created, so many of them could be rendered useless or broken from any platform adjustment.

That and I've seen just as much hate from the MC community as the Roblox community.  Minecraft community basically hates every other sandbox game ever..
I'm sorry Jirue, i still love you and your mod contributions, but those people are just YouTube stuffheads. I asked on their forums once on what the hell are people doing and all of the people were either misinformed about the game or said

">YouTube
there's your problem"

or something along those lines.

Holy stuff. This is awesome. I joined in '09 and I'm happy to say I've enjoyed my time with this game and I hope to keep enjoying my time.

I'm sorry Jirue, i still love you and your mod contributions, but those people are just YouTube stuffheads. I asked on their forums once on what the hell are people doing and all of the people were either misinformed about the game or said

">YouTube
there's your problem"

Because they're passing the blame onto something/someone else

Because they're passing the blame onto something/someone else
Most close minded post of 2013 award goes to...

You!

Most close minded post of 2013 award goes to...

You!

omg yay

Just curious: We used to call it Blockland Retail. At this point, that doesn't fit anymore? Seems like a nice way of putting it to me.
I consider "Blockland Retail" as "Blockland" now because no one plays the alpha anymore and newer people would think of this as just Blockland too.

when blockland was announced, we called it blockland retail when people still played the alpha and just started calling it blockland as the alpha died
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:08:37 PM by Isjix »

">YouTube
there's your problem"

Idk I've seen hate on the Minecraft forum too, not just youtube comment sections.

There was some Roblox person advertising on the MC forum and they got tons of hate, and there was also a lot of hate towards blockland in the same thread.  They pretty much seemed to hate both games..

This mighta just been that group of people on the forum, I haven't been on there much.  It's possible that the Reddit community is a lot more open.

did any specific event occur on those 2 really high spikes on copies bought?

I consider "Blockland Retail" as "Blockland" now because no one plays the alpha anymore and newer people would think of this as just Blockland too.

when blockland was announced, we called it blockland retail when people still played the alpha and just started calling it blockland as the alpha died

Hmm, I was just thinking that it still worked better than how he put it, but I guess you're right - It makes it sound secondary to v0002.