0 (0%)
Dynamic Raycast System
3 (17.6%)
Point and click building system
2 (11.8%)
New Death animation
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Requesting something to code  (Read 2645 times)

So school has ended as well as most of everything else that I am doing, but college has yet to begin.  Naturally, I'm bored out of my mind and need a major coding project to pass the time.  Throw whatever crazy add-on ideas you have and I'll add ones I'm willing to do to a poll.  I'll probably code the top three or so ideas on the poll.

Don't hold an idea back because you think it might be impossible, and while I would prefer to do client sided things or scripts, feel free to be as creative as you like with suggestions.  You want me to rework basic game systems?  Been there, done that.  Circumvent administrative tools?  Yep, that too.

Some stuff I have made:
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=161834.0

I'll add a couple ideas of my own and leave the voting to you.

Idea list:

Make a new file browsing system for saving/loading bricks
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=205792.0

System to replace some keybinds with a universal "app" screen, so your dozens of barely useful client mods don't all need to eat up buttons on your keyboard to open a little gui or whatever.

More to be added
Make your suggestions sooner rather than later, so your idea has more time to get voted up.

Improved ESC Menu?

Any more details in how it could be improved?

How about a Dr. Hax weapon?

Flinch?
When you get hit certain amount of hp you can't attack or anything but moving

How about a Dr. Hax weapon?

If someone can find a computer monitor model I'll put it up.

Something that raises the fov (dynamically) whenever you fire a gun.

When you receive a critical hit, your client timescale is set to 0.5 for a moment with a large amount of shaking and it reverts back after a few seconds.

also a fix for the save/load search bar, it breaks my load menu when i try to search.

also a fix for the save/load search bar, it breaks my load menu when i try to search.
This first, it's not super-difficult but it needs to be done

I think a great tool would be a mouse-based building GUI. It might be a little too much to undertake; the basic idea would be that you could use the mouse to just hover over locations and your ghost brick would move to the closest free space where you are pointing. Then you could just click and hold to plant bricks.

what about that dynamic raycast system you were talking about awhile back? c:

I think a great tool would be a mouse-based building GUI. It might be a little too much to undertake; the basic idea would be that you could use the mouse to just hover over locations and your ghost brick would move to the closest free space where you are pointing. Then you could just click and hold to plant bricks.

Nexus made this already, but it's not completely mouse-based. That'd be cool.

I had an arrow mod for a bow I wanted.

Nexus made this already, but it's not completely mouse-based. That'd be cool.
He made a thing where you can aim at a location and have your brick moved there, but that's not at all the same.

Smells like roblox but I'll add it.
Chances are it isn't really possible.  It is insanely hard to convert an x, y coordinate on the screen into a real world position/vector, and client sided raycasts don't exist, making it impractical for distances to be calculated.  It would need to be a client/server mod combo.

So, I gave you my idea but are you apparently only taking requests for general scripts?

Could you make a new death animation?