Author Topic: Xbox One Backflip - Microsoft Ditches the DRM [Confirmed]  (Read 8146 times)

if ps4 and wii were left over. nintendo would trive for hardcore gamers and make better hardware then.

if ps4 and pc were left. sony would have ungodly hardware upgrades and find ways to compete with the price anyways.

the world dosnt need the xboxs lol
Nintendo is actually now trying to catch up to the standard, but i can hardly see anyone persuade a hardcore gamer to buy something as strange as the Wii U, although if one plans on getting a second console, a Wii U would be the best choice since the other "hardcore" console is either the same thing with a different controller and exclusives, or a worse version of what people have now. Nintendo is trying to offer something unique so there would be a reason for people to buy it along side their other consoles. Too bad that Playstation and Xbox are always trying to take their ideas (e.g. PS move, Xbox Smartglass).

Xbox just updated their website.

'Update on June 19, 2013: As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One reflected in this blog. Some of this information is no longer accurate — please check here for the latest.'

The link is broken due to overload at the moment though.
When I said trusted reporting I mean the guy who actually made the article, if that's what you're referring to.
So they finally confirmed not to be handicapped? The bad press they gained in the past is going to have a huge effect on the success of this console, not even mentioning that PS4 is a better deal.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:33:57 PM by Tonkka² »

So they finally confirmed not to be handicapped? The bad press they gained in the past is going to have a huge effect on the success of this console, not even mentioning that PS4 is a better deal.
Not necessarily, we need to actually see the official changes first. :(

« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:40:14 PM by Freeze »

As nice as this is they still can't reverse the damage thats been done to their name it that period of time. It will take a while to heal assuming they don't muck it up.

Not necessarily, we need to actually see the official changes first. :(
I'm pretty sure that if they just simply decide not to make it require drm, loads of games will be delayed due to their "drivatar" features, or the DRM stuff will still be there trough the publishers and developers decision.

As nice as this is they still can't reverse the damage thats been done to their name it that period of time. It will take a while to heal assuming they don't muck it up.
At the point when the CEO/president whatever Don Mattrick called out the consumer base which was curious about if the console is able to play 360 games for "Thinking backwards" just before Adam Orth goes to twitter to insult people who believe the DRM is a bad idea, I'm pretty sure those wounds will be scratched open until it turns into a scar.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 04:43:30 PM by Tonkka² »

http://www.oxm.co.uk/56581/blog/11-xbox-one-myths-debunked-kinect-online-checks-game-prices-and-more/

hearing that there's going to be no region lock
if that's true, i might get one so i can play all my dumb japanese shmups or whatever
other than that though, i'm not really seeing much reason to get one since they don't seem to have many interesting exclusives at all

Also: Joke's on EA. They only cancelled the online passes since Xbox One said no to used games and such.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/56581/blog/11-xbox-one-myths-debunked-kinect-online-checks-game-prices-and-more/

hearing that there's going to be no region lock
if that's true, i might get one so i can play all my dumb japanese shmups or whatever
other than that though, i'm not really seeing much reason to get one since they don't seem to have many interesting exclusives at all
Sunset Override/Overdrive seemed quite interesting until they revealed its another loving zombie game.

Kinect is still mandatory, it has inferior specs and it's 100$ extra.

Episode Xbox 1: The Public Relations Menace

This really does prove that complaining on the internet sometimes helps!

I was so curious about what would have happened if Xbox One didn't back down on those policies.

I was so curious about what would have happened if Xbox One didn't back down on those policies.
low sales on launch

low sales on launch
No i mean the response from the people, the memes with "Xbox One is called Xbox One because only one person bought it" or something. It could become an infamous "Legend" like Jaguar 64 and Superman 64, or like Neo Geo.

What a stupid roosterbag. Hundreds of thousands of people trying to access the same webpage at the same time is very different than hundreds of thousands of people trying to access 300,000 servers.