Author Topic: Xbox One Backflip - Microsoft Ditches the DRM [Confirmed]  (Read 8144 times)

that joke's been made at least twice now
That's the first time i've seen that joke and i didn't even crack a smile

Forums, you've disappointed me >:C

Here's why not to support the Xbox ever: it was designed to force devs to use DirectX.  DirectX which was codenamed "Project Manhattan" as it was to get rid of Japanese consoles and developers.  That's like codenaming your console Riddler or maybe 9/11.  DirectX is proprietary garbage and really should stop being if we want our games to be supported forever.  

Is it possible that Microsoft planned all this? Like, what if they intentionally made their console bad so they'd get a bunch of hate and death threats so that way they could fix all that's wrong with the console and make it look like Microsoft cares about their customers and their feedback?

i officially will mock and lul at anyone who owns an xbone.

it dosnt even matter if they undid all the drm stuff. you people are loyal to a company that tried-hard to exploit you like the cow$ you are. and you fell for the PR campaign of bullstuff they fed you.
Bisjac will secretly buy an xbone and play it when no one is looking

Why do they call it an Xbox One? Because when they made it they did a One-eighty on their DRM policies.

No because its only going to sell one unit  :cookieMonster:

No because its only going to sell one unit  :cookieMonster:
That joke was funny once.

Because Steam offers many other benefits to make up for it - plus on PC you have the option to do either Steam or a physical copy so it's at least a choice.
In fact, Valve might be implementing game sharing after redemption, as someone found a few lines of code in a steam beta release that suggests that. (my source(s))
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:29:59 PM by Gatysh »

I don't understand why people consider steam "DRM".

You can turn it off, it will work as long as you want it to.

I don't understand why people consider steam "DRM".

You can turn it off, it will work as long as you want it to.
You do have to log in at least once in order to start in offline mode, and it still verifies and makes sure that you actually have proper keys for the games you're playing. It's not hardcore DRM but it is still DRM.

Also I really do have to agree with (what i read on like the first page of) bisjac's opinion. I think microsoft really did realize that they were making a huge mistake and are going on a last ditch attempt at gaining some customers. Whether they're lying about it or not, who knows. Seriously xbox is going down the drain, the only exclusive on xbox that I actually like is halo, so I'm not spending $600 and another $25+ for xbox live and $60 for the game AND THEN  $40+ on maps just for halo 5. At least when I buy PSN+ I get free games, which I hope they will still do this on ps4, a cloud service for my save games, and other things. Seriously, microsoft probably wont include wifi on the xbox one just so you have to buy a $70 adapter like they did with the first models of the 360.

Anyways there's my little uneducated rant/opinion.

This is such a tricky choice for me now

PS4 is $100 cheaper
Xbox One I can keep all my achievements

I was die hard PS4 but now Im not sure which I want to get.
The only fear I have with PS4 is a small online community and their online service is not as developed as Live

I dont know

This is such a tricky choice for me now

PS4 is $100 cheaper
Xbox One I can keep all my achievements

I was die hard PS4 but now Im not sure which I want to get.
The only fear I have with PS4 is a small online community and their online service is not as developed as Live
I dont know
HAHAHA.
YOU'RE REALLY SHOVELING THE stuff NOW AIN'T YOU.

Playstation Network is not a small community by any stretch of the imagine. The online service is just as developed as xBox Live.

HAHAHA.
YOU'RE REALLY SHOVELING THE stuff NOW AIN'T YOU.

Playstation Network is not a small community by any stretch of the imagine. The online service is just as developed as xBox Live.
Im sorry I offended you so much

It just seems to me that PS3 game communities seem to die out faster than the Xbox 360s
Not saying its going to be that way this time.

And Xbox Live has a ton to offer.

Anyways. the PS4 release date may have accidently been released. It could be November 13, 2013 but its not confirmed.

Thats 1 day before my birthday sooooo :)

And Xbox Live has a ton to offer.

20 Dollars a month compared to PSN's 5 Dollars a month? And you get free stuff constantly, not just 2 new games that everyone probably already has.

20 Dollars a month compared to PSN's 5 Dollars a month? And you get free stuff constantly, not just 2 new games that everyone probably already has.
20 dollars a month what?

I pay $3.75 a month

Or you can spend 800 dollars on a gaming pc and not have to pay for internet that you are already paying for.