Author Topic: Is Blockland dying?  (Read 16529 times)

So as many forum goer's will hopefully agree, Blockland has had quite an influence on my life and is one game I'll never regret purchasing for the first time.  But lately I've noticed unnerving things about my favorite childhood game.

-Lately development has been little to nothing, almost three months with nothing but bug fixes and patches, and two months since even one of those.  No insight on anything upcoming.

-Sales, excluding the past 6 months, I'd seen Blockland on sale maybe once or twice, we've had like 3 75% off's in the past 6 months, are we accepting that maybe the game isn't worth a $20 price point in the public eyes?

-User base and popularity, I mean I know to us, seeing 5,000 people join within a year is amazing, but in reality it's not anywhere near large in the gaming community, we're just constantly regarded as a Minecraft or ROBLOX clone

-Community, recently the community has caused tons of uproar, being from hacking the game to just causing chaos.  Not to mention the downgraded forums server, and lack of communication from any of the dev's.

-Lack of acknowledgement, we haven't been greenlit, or even covered by any other than one YouTube indie gamer, and that wasn't even a good review, he basically said the game isn't worth the price

-This point is personal to me, but many of my peers agree with me, Blockland is losing its replay value in my eyes, I want the old nostalgic Blockland back, where everything was new and there was a thousand ways to waste your time.

I know not everyone agrees with me but in all honesty I can't see Blockland surviving too many more years.

How do you guys feel?

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:32:24 PM by Badspot »

Maps have made quite a dent in ideas. Though I try to create the best for blockland. I know there is something else. I have made a long list of ideas so I dont know what is going to happen when I get back, but believe me, one of the few hundred Ideas have are bound to be addictive.

I don't know. It sucked that Block Eye Entertainment went out of business since Darkstar left for Minecraft. The maps might come back according to rumour. It might happen or never. The response are slow in the forums. There is like less people replying topics.

I completely agree with this. I often find myself more than once an hour sitting on the server list looking at RPs and nothing interesting to my eyes and/or many others

i agree, blockland needs to be sold to a company like valve or badspot needs to make another major update in the next two months

I completely agree with this. I often find myself more than once an hour sitting on the server list looking at RPs and nothing interesting to my eyes and/or many others
JUST MAKE YOUR OWN SERVER HNGNGG

i agree, blockland needs to be sold to a company like valve or badspot needs to make another major update in the next two months
what

no, especially with blockland possibly being on steam some time in the future

I always have something to look forward to in blockland, whether it is a new mod (Alphadin's Speedkart Revolution) or a new build idea, but blockland's success doesn't have anything to do with how I enjoy the game; it's success depends on how many people are buying it, and I'm sure there will be many opportunities for sales in the future, so I'm not worried.

JUST MAKE YOUR OWN SERVER HNGNGG
no money
no internet quality
no time
nobody could ever join
some issues that does not allow hosting

uhhhhhhh
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:03:02 PM by The Resonte! »

no, especially with blockland possibly being on steam some time in the future
I have a huge doubt we'll ever make it to Steam before Greenlight is over, we've been on the list for a year now

no money
no internet quality
no time
nobody could ever join
some issues that does not allow hosting
then stop complaining at whats offered to you, suggest new ideas, help people realise their ideas
nothing will happen if you just sit around all day making 999999 topics on how every server sucks

The maps might come back according to rumour.
what rumour

we don't know about development status. oftentimes we only get information about bigger updates when they're almost done already.

i'm pretty sure sales weren't some kind of acknowledgement of bad quality

i don't see how people that have just recently discovered the game thinking it's bad is a sign the game is dying

you're exaggerating the problems in the community, the forums were slow even before the server change, and the complaint about dev communication doesn't make sense in this context

it's lost replay value to you because you've lost a bit interest in the game, that's not a sign that it's dying

it would be good if we could get more attention, though.

then stop complaining at whats offered to you, suggest new ideas, help people realise their ideas
nothing will happen if you just sit around all day making 999999 topics on how every server sucks
alright cool
also how come your avatar changes
yep bl

ded
WE HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE A CHANGE

Yeah, I have to agree that it kinda is.

Only 30 to 40 percent of Blockland is still active. Also, 50000 people isn't much for an online game.