Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0

Poll

What is your favorite Grand Theft Auto game?

GTA 1
17 (2.5%)
GTA 2
4 (0.6%)
GTA III
12 (1.8%)
GTA VC
23 (3.4%)
GTA SA
133 (19.4%)
GTA LCS
4 (0.6%)
GTA VCS
1 (0.1%)
GTA IV
69 (10.1%)
GTA TBOGT
6 (0.9%)
GTA TLAD
1 (0.1%)
GTA CW
6 (0.9%)
GTA V
409 (59.7%)

Total Members Voted: 682

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto Megathread - OP 3.0  (Read 599509 times)

Yeah you could do that. I was able to simply look up GPU tests with my current card to see how it ran and that worked seeing as the specs were similar enough
So this is what I have;
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210M CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
RAM: 4GB
VRAM (heard people mentioning this, so thought I'd list it): 7.92GB
Graphics:   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

According to game-debate.com, which I've never used before and just got from Google, I can meet the Minimum requirements, somewhat their "Game-Debate adjusted requirements", but not quite the Recommended requirements.
They say my weakest item is my RAM.

So, any opinions? Anyone using these items or equivalent?

You'll be fine with 4GB of ram as long as you don't try to play on full ultra settings.

You'll be fine with 4GB of ram as long as you don't try to play on full ultra settings.
That's perfectly fine. I'm not after the most beautiful game ever, I'm happy with the quality I get on my Xbox One. I just want a game where other people are actually playing.
And I've got money to burn currently, so I'm happy to buy it again, I'd just rather not buy it to find out that it won't play at all. But I suppose it's worth the risk.

On the plus side, I've found out that if I transfer my Xbox One character to PC, I still get to continue playing with him on the Xbox One!
But any progress made on the PC version won't be reflected on Xbox, and vice versa. Which is fair enough. I'm just happy I can start with a character I'm happy with.

Well, purchased and installed (in only about an hour and a bit). Moment of truth, I suppose.

lol who wants to download the game onto a thumb drive and mail it to me

shouldn't be difficult, but effort
download should only take ~8 minutes, finding a drive to mail that can hold 60gb takes more time though, would probably need to go buy one since everybody in the CS community here would rather hold onto theirs
and then there's the mailing part, have to find envelopes and what not, and stamps

lol who wants to download the game onto a thumb drive and mail it to me
that depends, where do you live again

that depends, where do you live again
I was going to say they could come to philly and download it
but

I was going to say they could come to philly and download it
but
I actually live in alabama I just haven't updated that since I moved

Make sure you don't have chrome open when you're playing it though...I have 8 gigs, after a couple minutes of doing that I usually run out of ram and gta starts stuttering

rollercoaster party

note: i got hit by the rollercoaster twenty seconds later

it's the guy cowering in the corner that makes it

rollercoaster party

note: i got hit by the rollercoaster twenty seconds later

thats me in the back!!