Is it possible to stop the hacking?

Author Topic: Is it possible to stop the hacking?  (Read 21134 times)

Wrong. If badspot changed the whole locations code, the creator of the dll would have to also change the dll to work with it. You can keep remaking it though
the .dll is injected directly into blockland.exe. the location of the .dll compared to the blockland folder has no relations at all. please know what you're talking about before you post it.

the .dll is injected directly into blockland.exe. the location of the .dll compared to the blockland folder has no relations at all. please know what you're talking about before you post it.

Doesn't the .dll file change memory addresses in the game?

Doesn't the .dll file change memory addresses in the game?
yeah, and?

yeah, and?

If Badspot changes those certain memory addresses, wouldn't that require the creator of the .dll to re-edit the .dll file so it changes the new memory addresses once they are found?

oh, we thought you meant the actual game directory
yeah, that's pretty much as far as most anti-hack updates in games can really go, and it's also why it's such a pointless and endless battle because it typically takes so little work on both sides

If Badspot changes those certain memory addresses, wouldn't that require the creator of the .dll to re-edit the .dll file so it changes the new memory addresses once they are found?
no
the dll is still going to work

inb4 terms of use is updated to include memory editing

inb4 terms of use is updated to include memory editing
It already doesn't allow it.

Not to mention it's kind of a given.

Well at least the hacks are client-sided and not server-sided.

how would that even make sense
if anything that'd be a good thing because then only idiot hosts would be able to activate it on their servers, leaving others unaffected

Server sided hacks would be cool. They would pretty much just be .dll add-ons

how would that even make sense
if anything that'd be a good thing because then only idiot hosts would be able to activate it on their servers, leaving others unaffected

?? Client-sided only affects the client who has it. Server-sided affects everyone. I'm saying client-sided is better because it only affects the guy who uses it and not the whole server which can make it worse.

?? Client-sided only affects the client who has it. Server-sided affects everyone. I'm saying client-sided is better because it only affects the guy who uses it and not the whole server which can make it worse.

I mean if it's possible. I don't know, maybe a backdoor or a way to insert the .dll and make it server-sided. Doesn't necessarily have to be activated by the host.

i think it's time you stopped posting