Twenty-Two Reasons Not to Go Vegetarian

Author Topic: Twenty-Two Reasons Not to Go Vegetarian  (Read 6929 times)

http://www.westonaprice.org/vegetarianism-and-plant-foods/not-to-go-vegetarian

Pretty cool article I found that you guys should read. References at the bottom and it's pretty long.

Discuss about vegetarian being a healthy/unhealthy choice.

i can respect that people want to not promote all that bad farming and horrible treatment of animals, but if they REALLY wanted to help then they would buy organic meat from free range farms that dont use drugs and what not.

i can respect that people want to not promote all that bad farming and horrible treatment of animals, but if they REALLY wanted to help then they would buy organic meat from free range farms that dont use drugs and what not.

I can respect that you didn't read the whole article since it's long but it talks about vegetarians actually killing animals just as much as the meat eaters do.

basically the exact same situation as PETA. talks a big loving game about treatment of animals, but has a worldwide record-ly bad euthanization rate that hovers around 80%.

There was this woman who wasn't getting enough protein and decided to breast feed her baby, in the end her kid died due to a lack of protein.

Veganism, it kills!

There was this woman who wasn't getting enough protein and decided to breast feed her baby, in the end her kid died due to a lack of protein.

Veganism, it kills!

If you're a vegetarian and are pregnant, you're going to have a bad time.

I can respect that you didn't read the whole article since it's long but it talks about vegetarians actually killing animals just as much as the meat eaters do.
oh no, i was just giving my opinion on vegetarians in general. i dont see how people could see anything wrong with raising and killing domestic animals if its in a pretty natural environment (not to mention free range usually tastes better mmmm). unless there those weirdos that think cows should be treated just like humans.

oh no, i was just giving my opinion on vegetarians in general. i dont see how people could see anything wrong with raising and killing domestic animals if its in a pretty natural environment (not to mention free range usually tastes better mmmm). unless there those weirdos that think cows should be treated just like humans.

Yeah I don't understand either. Someone posted before on the forums that they don't like to eat pork because pigs are somewhat smart. I don't understand how that should stop you from eating it.

Having never eaten meat there's a couple reasons I don't eat meat:
You put it way too many calories in feed for the amount you get out in meat.
Stomachs don't like sudden, drastic shifts in diet.
Takes too much land to raise even free-range meat.

You mean in the animal's feed? Because as long as you're not getting a stuffton of calories, it's fine.
Then slowly start eating meat.
Why do you care? The land's not affecting you in any way.

I'm the complete opposite of a vegetarian.

basically the exact same situation as PETA. talks a big loving game about treatment of animals, but has a worldwide record-ly bad euthanization rate that hovers around 80%.
that's because they think death is better for animals than being alive with humans. I'm being serious, that's really what they think. in fact I'm pretty sure one of their major hopes/dreams/goals is for all pets to die

I'm the complete opposite of a vegetarian.
Cheeseburgers are loving delicious.

Having never eaten meat there's a couple reasons I don't eat meat:

What do you mean that you put too many calories in? As in the food for the animal itself? Well technically they eat foods that we humans can't eat. So it's not a loss, more of a gain on our part because the animal gains more fat and meat that we can put in our stomach. I mean have you seen what pigs can eat? Gross stuff leftovers from our food that we aren't supposed to eat.

The stomachs part it depends if your stomach can handle it or not, some people can handle drastic shifts.

Your own meat? Or market meat?
If your own meat, then you buy from a store.
If market meat, not really, the lands the animals are raised on aren't big at all.

You need meant no matter what, except for animals, dammit