Author Topic: Prop Hunt Gamemode  (Read 9960 times)

I said I probably will in the future, but right now I am helping with the SCP server, so I have no time at the moment.
Alrighty, I must have missed that. Just don't forget about it, lol

You can make a player type that does not rotate. Controls via WASD, and still has a free camera. I've seen it done in torque before.

This would make "grid snapping" trivially easy and probably not necessary.

You can make a player type that does not rotate. Controls via WASD, and still has a free camera. I've seen it done in torque before.

This would make "grid snapping" trivially easy and probably not necessary.
But it's so easy to snap, that's not even necessary. *snaps*

:trollface:

You can make a player type
Because so many people want to make a bunch of different playertypes.

Because so many people want to make a bunch of different playertypes.
You can easily do this via script, creating a new playertype off of a base playertype, specifically for that player, deleting it when the player's done. I still haven't decided which system I'm going to use for this gamemode yet, but this one's definitely feasible. It'll just require many .dts objects (dts bricks, that is) to be located around the map.

Actually, if someone could compile a list of .dts bricks, that would be great.

You can easily do this via script, creating a new playertype off of a base playertype, specifically for that player, deleting it when the player's done. I still haven't decided which system I'm going to use for this gamemode yet, but this one's definitely feasible. It'll just require many .dts objects (dts bricks, that is) to be located around the map.

Actually, if someone could compile a list of .dts bricks, that would be great.
I meant modeling a bunch of different playertypes... You can easily parent the first one and just change the model. I am just saying it takes a whole lot less time to use bricks.

You can code static shapes to snap,
I know that they bricks were static shapes, I probably misread his post
wot
Lol, whoops I have no idea how scented got in there. I meant "evented". For the bricks/objects snapping to the grid, couldn't you just let the people try and blend with the grid/enviroment?

My version:

A player has an item called a "Disguise"
When they use that item on a brick with dimensions smaller or equal to 8x8x8, they disguise
Disguising is hiding the player and having a brick with no collision follow them around
if they move or turn around, the brick will flash white
Small dots come off of the brick every couple of seconds

You can only disguise as bricks on the map

Why not just have premade brick props that you randomly disguise as at the start of rounds?

Why not just have premade brick props that you randomly disguise as at the start of rounds?
I didn't want to make any models :/
I also didn't want people to disguise as things that weren't planted

Why not just use prop kind of bricks rather than any old brick?
Like the decorative brick pack, or the trash can and soda machine bricks, those sort of things. Just have those lieing all over the build and use the models for a playertype, if that's possible.

Also, another idea- In case people memorize the build and thus know what is and isn't a player 100% of the time, maybe the build can have a lot of invisible bricks and props that randomize which ones are visible each round.

Although I guess that can just be evented and doesn't need to be a function of the gamemode

Why not just use prop kind of bricks rather than any old brick?
Like the decorative brick pack, or the trash can and soda machine bricks, those sort of things. Just have those lieing all over the build and use the models for a playertype, if that's possible.

Also, another idea- In case people memorize the build and thus know what is and isn't a player 100% of the time, maybe the build can have a lot of invisible bricks and props that randomize which ones are visible each round.

Although I guess that can just be evented and doesn't need to be a function of the gamemode
This is basically what I was saying; but instead of making each playertype (a hassle), they'd be generated in-game. Of course, this only works if the brick has a dts model.

guys there is a duck player type, it is made of bricks

case solved, good work people

I'm working on this.

Awesome, this is around three people that have shown interest so at least one of you guys have to finish it, lol
/initiate lame excuse to bump topic

scriode has basically finished it, me and him have been playing with it. It works, the easiest method for making people in bricks you want is have at the start of the round it randomises between 1 and howmany bricks people can turn into, check what number they are and that number sets the brick they spawn as. Not hard. You can even customise what bricks people can turn into.