Soft shadows

Author Topic: Soft shadows  (Read 85904 times)

Badspot's deliberately ignoring this topic. I'm sure he has his own reasons to do so.

Release the files already or you might just close this topic as it serves no purpose other than to whore for attention.

how is it whoring for attention when he's showing off something that's actually cool and interesting?

Badspot's deliberately ignoring this topic. I'm sure he has his own reasons to do so.

I wonder if he plans on implementing something like this
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:49:20 PM by Electrk »

Ideas for a viable way of releasing it would be very much appreciated.
He's posting this because he wants ideas on how to release it.

I hope Badspot and Kompressor look at this, it could give them inspiration on how they can improve on shaders & shadows.

Release the files already or you might just close this topic as it serves no purpose other than to whore for attention.
It's not whoring attention, it's actually something cool and interesting that a lot of people would like to have in blockland but as chris said, soft shadows were removed for a reason.

there's no reason not to have them if they're toggleable

will this run on my grandma's computer

will this run on my grandma's computer

If her computer has like 3 GTX TITAN's in SLI, likely yes.

port i love you
Back off.
If her computer has like 3 GTX TITAN's in SLI, likely yes.
I have a sapphire radeon 7870 ghz ed. and i can run this perfectly, though my rig's fans kick up a bit when i do.

how is it whoring for attention when he's showing off something that's actually cool and interesting?
Because he's not giving it out for no reason at all.

Because he's not giving it out for no reason at all.
I would release this, but there are several problems with doing so:

• You cannot replace files in shaders/ from an add-on anymore.
  • If I were to release the modified GLSL file itself,
    • you'd have to replace it and re-apply your shader settings every time you start Blockland.
    • you'd have to edit the file itself and do the above to change any settings for it.
but yeah it's kinda like that "should this car be released?" topic filipe made and it was
really just an advertisement for the car

but yeah it's kinda like that "should this car be released?" topic filipe made and it was
really just an advertisement for the car
Those are not proper reason to hold it back. Anyone that isn't a full handicap can replace files and set them to read-only.