Author Topic: Soft shadows  (Read 86971 times)

What?  I have the same graphics card and I can barely run shaders.  Running low on Collab City gives me about 20 fps.

Edit:  Well I can run max with no bricks easy, but with bricks the game is completely unplayable.
Not all graphics cards are the same.

People say that the GTX 650 can't run shaders on max, but mine can with 9000+ bricks with no lag...

Reasons for holding it back has been highlighted here. He would release had it not been for some changes that rendered custom shaders useless.
Those are not proper reason to hold it back. Anyone that isn't a full handicap can replace files and set them to read-only.

I use a AMD Radeon HD 7870 (GHz Edition) on Max shaders and depending on brick counts and soft shader settings it brings me down from 60-200 FPS to 15-50 FPS.
How does soft look at lower shader qualities? That might be a redeeming factor for the drop in performance

Not all graphics cards are the same.

People say that the GTX 650 can't run shaders on max, but mine can with 9000+ bricks with no lag...
I have a 560 and I can run 80k bricks without lagging at all

I have a 560 and I can run 80k bricks without lagging at all
335m and I can't run crap on low shaders with that many bricks :)

is there anything that affects rendering speed other than the gpu?

i have a 660ti and shaders usually run perfectly on max save a few fps for really big builds
but yesterday on tezuni's slopes i had a significant drop looking at the slopes when i was in a plane

is there anything that affects rendering speed other than the gpu?

i have a 660ti and shaders usually run perfectly on max save a few fps for really big builds
but yesterday on tezuni's slopes i had a significant drop looking at the slopes when i was in a plane
If you mean cpu intensive, I used to have a gtx 560 with a Phenom ii x4 810, and it ran like stuff on 50k bricks, but when I got an fx 4300, it ran so much better

GeForce 8800, runs Max perfectly on all saves loaded. Would this work for me?

Is it possible to make the shadows a texture over the whole build?

user content alpha allows to dodge the launcher, doesn't it?

user content alpha allows to dodge the launcher, doesn't it?
uhhh no

This is not possible.

they are.

Does this work the GPU even harder?
Extremely hard
Most people in this thread seem to be forgetting this post

It may be why blurred shadows were removed in the first place, already people excessively complain about being unable to run shaders. Adding another even more intensive option seems silly

>Replace file in shaders folder.
>Disconnect from Internet.
>Launch Blockland.
>Re-enable Internet before it loads the main menu.
>Profit.