Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847782 times)

all the proof you will ever need
http://www.rockauto.com/
Wow, I'm going through comparing BMW 2002 325 XI parts to another car of the same year and I'm hardly seeing a difference... what the hell, this is stupid. Like I said, the 2002 BMW I'm looking at is $5,000 and the other 2002 BMW I'm looking at is $6,800. My brother wants a 2012 Ford Fusion and my parents say that seems like a good priced car.

what

A cars repairs at the most shouldn't cost you more than $1000 unless you have to replace like 3/4 the car

Where is that track at?
Down here in Columbus, Mississippi.  I would post the site but isn't there a rule against that or something?

Anyways, we've never had those Northeast Modifieds come out here.  Most people around here are fans of good old street stocks like these:

If the car is going to cost more than it's worth in repairs, the dealer HAS to sell it with a totaled title. Not to mention, BMWs will run past 300k miles as long as you maintain them. Unless the owner forgot to put oil in the thing, it's hard to forget up a BMW.

the bigger the vehicle the easier i find it is to back-up properly

the bigger the vehicle the easier i find it is to back-up properly
what do you mean by "properly"?

what do you mean by "properly"?
like not sideways and crooked

Down here in Columbus, Mississippi.  I would post the site but isn't there a rule against that or something?

Anyways, we've never had those Northeast Modifieds come out here.  Most people around here are fans of good old street stocks like these:

Street stocks are a support class at the track I race at. Usually around 50 of them show up every Saturday night and put on a great show. You should check out the DIRT Modifieds. They're the real deal :)
http://superdirtcarseries.com/

that's easier for me in small cars, just bc they're shorter

If I want to back up straight in any car I hold the wheel straight. The size is irrelevant..

The size of a vehicle doesn't make any difference in backing up.

While the various dimensions of a vehicle do have an effect on handling, and thus backing up, the general idea is to straighten out ahead of the spot and go in wheels straight so you aren't playing tiddly winks making 50 adjustments in a cramped spot.

With that how good are you at using your mirrors? given that I drive a lot of large vehicles with obstructed or no rear view I've accustomed myself to using mirrors to check my wheel and bumper positions.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:36:21 PM by Otis Da HousKat »

I have a natural sense for the bounds of my vehicle, regardless of if I've driven it before or not. It's actually quite nice, I could probably back anything short of a semi into a parking spot on my first try, dead straight. So, I don't really use my mirrors to check where my car is, more just to see the cars around me so I know where good potential weaving spots are, even if I'm not planning on weaving.

The size of a vehicle doesn't make any difference in backing up.
Unless the vehicle is a motherloving semi or bus or something
c:

Unless the vehicle is a motherloving semi or bus or something
c:
It should still back up the same unless you have a satanic steering wheel that turns itself.