Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 832277 times)

getting a car tomorrow
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:06:55 AM by Electrk² »

The Veyron has to be the one of the ugliest super cars I have ever seen. I really don't get all the hype around it.
Oh trust me there is a lot more uglier cars than the Veyron.

osht Electrk, lets race

It looks like stuff, I also really doubt it can do that amazing on anything but a straight away. Didn't they get their super fast test speeds on like a several mile long straight strip of road at the VW testing site. Going fast in a straight line really doesn't do it for me. I'm sure there are tons of cars that could beat it in a race on a track.
It isn't the speed of it, its the way it travels at that speed.  When most supercars reach their top speed they sputter and strain and seem like they are going to bust apart with energy, yet the Veyron feels like it does doing 40, even when you are actually doing 227 mph faster than that.  It is such an innovative car because it can go those speeds while not feeling like you are on the edge of what is physically possible.  Plus, if you have ever seen Topgear UK's episode where they had it on the track, it handles surprisingly well and beat many of the other cars they had tested.  And although you may think it is ugly (I think its beautiful) its body is very purposely designed to have the lowest drag possible.  It doesn't look the way it does just because Bugatti felt like it.

osht Electrk, lets race

[img ]http://www.clublexus.com/forums/attachments/lexus-vehicles-classifieds/128920d1219097416-1997-lexus-es300-black-need-to-sell-khalids-valima-086.jpg[/img]

k

I win

Oh trust me there is a lot more uglier cars than the Veyron.

None with a price tag like a veyron.

It isn't the speed of it, its the way it travels at that speed.  When most supercars reach their top speed they sputter and strain and seem like they are going to bust apart with energy, yet the Veyron feels like it does doing 40, even when you are actually doing 227 mph faster than that.  It is such an innovative car because it can go those speeds while not feeling like you are on the edge of what is physically possible.  Plus, if you have ever seen Topgear UK's episode where they had it on the track, it handles surprisingly well and beat many of the other cars they had tested.  And although you may think it is ugly (I think its beautiful) its body is very purposely designed to have the lowest drag possible.  It doesn't look the way it does just because Bugatti felt like it.

It's not that great, it has way too much hype. For it's price it should blow every single other car out of the water at everything. So what it has a high top speed. In what conditions are you gonna push anywhere near that. When they pushed it to the limit it took several miles of straight away. If you buy a veyron you could of bought about a dozen cooler looking cars instead. The only reason people like it is because it's expensive.

It's not that great, it has way too much hype. For it's price it should blow every single other car out of the water at everything. So what it has a high top speed. In what conditions are you gonna push anywhere near that. When they pushed it to the limit it took several miles of straight away. If you buy a veyron you could of bought about a dozen cooler looking cars instead. The only reason people like it is because it's expensive.

This. It's way too hyped up and it's only a status symbol. I'm pretty sure Richard Berry or Simon Cowell didn't buy a Bugatti so they can go 200mph. They bought it so they can look flashy and pull up to a red carpet event.

Now let's take this into consideration, you could either own a Bugatti Veyron, or a Tesla Model S, Nissan GTR, Maserati GranTurismo, Lamborghini Aventador, Aston Martin One-77, and a McClaren MP4-12C (all of which the latest models) and still have $100,000 left over. I mean it's all your opinion and preference, but I'd rather have a garage filled with supercars that I could ride on a whim than one just to say "I'm one of the few owners".

I mean you could drive a different supercar for every day of the week. Or an insane amount of medium-end cars if you're all about driving a different Audi, BMW, and Mercedes every day of the month lmao.

Also, for the lols

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:29:40 AM by Messes »

Bugatti limo looks like a hot dog

Can I talk about planes here?

Lets be honest, if you can actually afford a Veyron you'll have change for all those other cars too.

Lets be honest, if you can actually afford a Veyron you'll have change for all those other cars too.
yeah, you have to :P
the tires are like $25,000 a set, and putting the rims on the tires has to be done in some foreign country (Italy? France?? idk), and that costs $75,000

I got mega lucky yesterday. This really pretty girl asked me for a ride home since we both don't have a last period class, so I said sure. Normally I don't take the highway to get home, but it's faster to get to her place. So, some stuffty car from my school tried to race us from the first light but it was a joke because it was like a Hyundai Sonata or something. But now she's in the mood to race some car, but every car that's actually worth racing me always think they're above Nissans. Enter highway: completely modded STI right behind me. No other cars on the road for a quarter mile. We jacked it from 70 to 145mph DEAD EVEN the whole time. I was completely amazed, it was like the rest of the world was moving and the two of us were stationary. But damn, was that STI nice. It backfired when accelerating which sounded great, plus dat subi exhaust. Plus, the girl was all excited. Win for everyone.