Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847732 times)

From the last race we had at the track my family owns.  Look at that, 900 horsepower per car badassery.  Merica.

So, you guys who drive
Do you drive with one or two feet?

So, you guys who drive
in an auto i don't drive with two feet per-say but i have my left foot hovering over the brake pedal

in an auto i don't drive with two feet per-say but i have my left foot hovering over the brake pedal
why? do you brake with the left foot too?
the only time I hover over the brake is when I might need to brake soon, and I still do it with my right foot
I don't even see how you could comfortably do that

Ya I only use pedals with my right foot in an auto. Left foot is always braced in the dead pedal area. Having that foot braced allows you better control with the other one especially if you're doing something you probably shouldn't be doing.

Related to my previous post about always whacking my head in sedans and foot bracing: how close up do you all put your seat when driving? I always get complaints and odd looks from people when I put my seat really far up to drive. I like to have my left foot braced on the floor and my right knee braced against the console area. Again, for finer actuation of the pedal.

So, you guys who drive
Depends on if I'm driving stick or auto. In an auto I drive one-footed, but in a manual I drive with both of my feet. I'm actually working on heel-and-toe shifting for my downshifts which is more difficult than anything else I've ever done behind the wheel of a car.

Related to my previous post about always whacking my head in sedans and foot bracing: how close up do you all put your seat when driving? I always get complaints and odd looks from people when I put my seat really far up to drive. I like to have my left foot braced on the floor and my right knee braced against the console area. Again, for finer actuation of the pedal.
I sit back to the point where there's just a bit of slack in my arms to grasp the wheel. I can still brace with my left foot (and frequently do) plus I feel like I have better rotational control over the wheel.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 11:11:06 AM by $trinick »

If someone gave me one I wouldn't complain~

Yeah, lol. But if I had that kind of money to drop on a car I'd just go for a GT-R.

I'm not a big fan of corvettes, but that one looks pretty nice

From the last race we had at the track my family owns.  Look at that, 900 horsepower per car badassery.  Merica.

Cool, dirt track racing. I'm not a big fan of late models though.

I race Northeast Dirt Modifieds

Where is that track at?

Yeah, lol. But if I had that kind of money to drop on a car I'd just go for a GT-R.
They're only 2 grand more than a standard corvette coupe.

They're only 2 grand more than a standard corvette coupe.
wow. yeah, it's like half the price of a GT-R
still not half as cool as one, though

Mini coopers are really fun to drive, just throwing that out there.