Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 848060 times)

I just feel I have more control in a manual

My dad loves manuals.  It's kind of a problem, since three of my cars are manuals (and I can't drive one yet).  The only automatic is my gigantic 18ft long van, which is what I drive.

I just feel I have more control in a manual
You don't. Sure, you control more things, but this added responsibility comes with the cost of control over your car. Changing gears during a harsh turn can cause you to spin out, improper shifts can damage your clutch and acceleration, and a whole slew of other reasons. On top of that, it's a hassle when driving in traffic. There's only one justification for driving a manual car: that it's more fun. Everything else gets swept by automatics.

Also, I did a photoshoot of my car Friday night. I thought some of the pics came out pretty good.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 11:23:28 AM by $trinick »

Those honestly look like ad campaigns.

I didn't know how to drive a manual before I got a job in a shop. Its not hard to learn but takes a lot of practice. I enjoy driving manuals but I'm also okay with my personal automatic.

The first one looks good but with the other two I don't know man. In the second one the car looks over-saturated and like it was pasted in from a different photo or something. In the third one the lighting seems off and there's an unsightly glare off the rear.

Gorgeous backdrop for the photos though.

The first one looks good but with the other two I don't know man. In the second one the car looks over-saturated and like it was pasted in from a different photo or something. In the third one the lighting seems off and there's an unsightly glare off the rear.

Parking the car on the sky blue handicapped parking lines is kind of annoying too.  Btw, what city is that?

Parking the car on the sky blue handicapped parking lines is kind of annoying too.  Btw, what city is that?
San Diego

I agree that the second one looks oversaturated and I really didn't like any of the photos at the place with the cross background, but I figured I'd post one since there were a few there. We were doing light painting with long exposures, so in each of those photographs we were actually walking around with flashlights in the frame lighting up what we wanted to be seen. It's hard to get it perfect like that, but when you do it well it looks gorgeous.

Yeah, I would have preferred not to but there were a bunch of people there because we started early. All the other cars forgeted up tons of our pictures too when they'd drive by during long exposure shots and overlight everything.

Yeah, I would have preferred not to but there were a bunch of people there because we started early. All the other cars forgeted up tons of our pictures too when they'd drive by during long exposure shots and overlight everything.

Well otherwise, those pictures are totally awesome!  Btw, is that actually your car?

my friend just spent 600 on a small lift and some new rims and tires for his jeep. looks pretty sick imo, i dont really like jeeps tho

Well otherwise, those pictures are totally awesome!  Btw, is that actually your car?
Yep.

Also, my friend just completed his purchase for his GT-R. Oh god.

my friend just spent 600 on a small lift and some new rims and tires for his jeep. looks pretty sick imo, i dont really like jeeps tho

600 for everything? How.

Got any pictures?
don't have a camera but my tiny phone, i'll steal someone's tomorrow and post em

Yep.

Also, my friend just completed his purchase for his GT-R. Oh god.

You must be pretty well off, as your profile says you are 17.  Lol GT-Rs are awesome.

i own a lambo now

i don't care if only LEGO people can fit in it
its a lambo and its mine

you have no idea how close I just came to killing you