Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 855002 times)

the defrost on my 96 chevy silverado 1500 gave in

right in time for the bad weather too qq

Front or back?

Maybe a fuse if it's the rear?

had a little accident on the interstate last night

blurry pictures

^ the car I was driving

^ the other one

I think I fell asleep a little and hit her. I guess I just got really unlucky, cus I wasn't even nodding off before, and there were hardly any other cars around :(
luckily we were only like 30 minutes from home so my mom's boyfriend was able to come pick my mom and I up. it could've been a lot worse in that regard, cus it was during an 8-hour-long drive
I think it also could've been a lot worse of an accident considering we were on the interstate and all. but nobody got really hurt and the damage to the cars wasn't too bad
Was that the mini?

Three hours? Why didn't you just take them somewhere? At the shop I work at we can have them done in a half hour.
I like doing car related things myself. I've fixed every issue I've ever had on all of my cars myself besides the transmission on my old audi. I tried using the tool I used to mount tires on my old stock car but it wasn't working out too well. I really thought id be able to have them done within 30 minutes.
Front or back?

Maybe a fuse if it's the rear?
My rule of thumb is to always check the fuse first if it's an issue like this. Years ago, my blower motor on my old honda wasn't working so I ordered a new one on ebay. I had the entire dashboard taken apart and installed the new motor and it still wouldn't work. I was stumped for like an hour until I checked the fuse box and realized the fuse was just out. I had a good long facepalm, replaced the fuse, and it worked. A 3 minute job ended up being a 4 hour job.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 08:44:49 PM by #Ravencroft »

one time the fuel pump in the alfa died because the fuse contacts were loose (bullet type fuses suck clamstuff) and i ended up jumping the fuse on the side of the road

My parents have to drive the van all the way back to the dealership we got it from (Decatur, IL; perhaps 150mi away) to get the oil pan replaced under warranty. I went out with my dad to change the oil and the threads in the pan were stripped by the last people to change the oil, so we can't empty the pan without causing irreversible damage.

That sucks dude, glad everyone was okay and there's not too much damage. Hope it didn't spook you too much.
I was kinda freaked out for a bit cus it was the first accident I'd been in. but I calmed down pretty quickly after finding out nobody had any serious injuries
wow that sucks nightfox
i hope your insurance doesn't skyrocket now
it was my mom's boyfriend's car, so I don't think it'll be that bad. if I'd been in my car, though, it'd probably be terrible
That sucks! What happened? Did she slow down and you just didn't notice?
I dunno really. like, I'm assuming I fell asleep, cus I can't remember anything before right after I hit her. and my mom was actually for real asleep
the other driver said she was going 60, and I know that I had the cruise control set to 75mph. but idk, I mean, I couldn't have been asleep for long, or I would've driven off the road... and I think I would've gotten into a different lane if a car ahead of me was going 15mph slower than I was
it's all kinda weird I guess
Was that the mini?
yeah ;~;

This is gold.

I dunno really. like, I'm assuming I fell asleep, cus I can't remember anything before right after I hit her. and my mom was actually for real asleep

It usually seems like it's only me who can get so much enjoyment out of driving in a straight line down a dark interstate for hours that I never get tired lol

I mean, more stopping and corners is always better, but driving is almost like my antidote against sleep, which may be a good thing seeing your unpredictable situation.

Hope everything goes well.

-snip-
wowe google u so mean
also car manuals have way more information in then i thought they did
not even.
reliant robin much?

It usually seems like it's only me who can get so much enjoyment out of driving in a straight line down a dark interstate for hours that I never get tired lol

If you ever drive through South Dakota or other states with ridiculous plains then it is so infinitely better to drive through at night than in the day. I had a way harder time driving through at 3pm than at 11pm.

If you ever drive through South Dakota or other states with ridiculous plains then it is so infinitely better to drive through at night than in the day. I had a way harder time driving through at 3pm than at 11pm.

Part of it may be because of my bad sleep schedule (have to wake up before dawn to go to school), so I spend the day feeling like crap but then I'm feeling awake by night. The fourth time I ever drove anything, I drove nonstop from my grandparents' house in Champaign, IL all the way home (220mi). The majority of the drive was dusk or dark, had no scenery but flat nothingness, and lasted for 3 1/2 hours. But other than a close call with a flatbed rig, nothing eventful happened and I enjoyed the whole thing.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 03:09:14 PM by Dragonslayer182 »

My check engine light came on this week so I went to O'Reily and used one of those code readers to see what it was. My car is a 2001 Mercury Cougar.
What does it mean?
What do I check?
What do I replace?
What do I buy?

Parked outside a horse show in Tennessee right now and saw this GTR

My check engine light came on this week so I went to O'Reily and used one of those code readers to see what it was. My car is a 2001 Mercury Cougar.
What does it mean?
What do I check?
What do I replace?
What do I buy?
Google the codes or look at the manual, if you have it.