Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 847140 times)

BLUB-P-BLUB-P-BLUB-P-BLUB-P-BLUB-P-BLUB-P

I reserved a Boxster with Enterprise's exotic car rentals for my trip to Baltimore this weekend. That 8 hour drive just got a whole lot less boring.

My dad rented an Audi S5 last weekend. He then proceeded to show up my friends in their cars.

I think it's been a long while since I've posted here... but since then, I traded in my old Malibu on a Jetta, bought a Ninja, and last Monday, bought this as a project.

aw hell yes! old buses hold a special place in my heart next to crown vic p71's. what are you gonna do with it? convert it to a camper?

aw hell yes! old buses hold a special place in my heart next to crown vic p71's. what are you gonna do with it? convert it to a camper?

You got it! I bought it last Monday for $1000. It was already very poorly converted. Good tires, good brakes, motor is free of leaks. Some broken glass, some rust, but for a 1970 in Minnesota of all places, the rust is surprisingly minimal.

So far we've gutted it almost entirely. Need to fix some exterior lighting electrical issues and then register and insure it. Fix some cracked glass. New subfloor. Haven't done much yet except clean it out and price shop and try to come up with a floor plan. Excited to see how it'll come along. Four speed manual. She's a cool old beast.

I got some idea's I'm planning for a custom exhaust on the alfa. Not going to go into too much detail right now because I don't know which idea I'm going with, but it'll be an autozone special.

Be sure you put in at least one or two baffles so the damn thing won't sound like a fart can when it's revving pls

one-two baffles vs 0 goes a long way in how the engine will sound

Be sure you put in at least one or two baffles so the damn thing won't sound like a fart can when it's revving pls

one-two baffles vs 0 goes a long way in how the engine will sound
if you don't want a car to sound like a fart can you just don't get a fart can exhaust/muffler
baffles are mainly a bike thing

get the bus powerwashed man, itll look 30 times better

if you don't want a car to sound like a fart can you just don't get a fart can exhaust/muffler
baffles are mainly a bike thing
even if you get a full racing exhaust, not having a single baffle, especially on a 4cyl, it'll sound kinda farty. Having at least one high-airflow baffle will make it sound like pure love

even if you get a full racing exhaust, not having a single baffle, especially on a 4cyl, it'll sound kinda farty. Having at least one high-airflow baffle will make it sound like pure love
baffles are a mainly motorcycle thing dude. regardless tho, exhaust sounds are really subjective and some people like loud obnoxious exhausts

I'm doing a side exit cherrybomb so ya

baffles are a mainly motorcycle thing dude. regardless tho, exhaust sounds are really subjective and some people like loud obnoxious exhausts
if its a motorcycle thing, then why are thrre baffles made for cars with all exhaust styles alike? Lol

if its a motorcycle thing, then why are thrre baffles made for cars with all exhaust styles alike? Lol
I said mainly a motorcycle thing 🤔 Go ahead and google "exhaust baffle" and tell me how many results come up relating to motorcycles. I'll wait.

Just because it's mainly a "motorcycle thing," doesn't mean my suggestion is automatically invalid

Seriously Im just making a suggestion that should help his car sound a bit better, especially with side exhausts. Lay off