Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 848075 times)

What do you need to know that isnt on the wheel your already have
Unless u plan on gettin hella flush
Well, i'm currently running stock wheels (19x8" ET36 225/40/R19 front / 19x8.5" ET47 255/35/R19 rear), but plan on getting these, but they don't come with the exact offset i'd like.

I'd like to get as close to what this guy is running, but the wheels I am getting don't have those offsets.

(I don't remember if linking another forum is bannable so i'm just going to quote it here.)
Quote from: Random guy from BMW Forum
I am running Avant Garde M510 19×8.5 et35 in front, 19×9.5 et40 in the rear. Tires are 245/35 and 275/30. Stock 335i M-sport suspension

Front Wheel

Rear Wheel

Im not TOO cultured but couldnt you just add ~15mm wheel spacers to what youre getting to achieve that

Im not TOO cultured but couldnt you just add ~15mm wheel spacers to what youre getting to achieve that
o stuff you right.

e85 / ethanol you can just dump in your gas tank and adjust the tune accordingly
For modern cars yes, for older cars or anything with an aluminium block you'd royally forget yourself over.

Ah, i’ve heard you need to make adjustments to your fuel system before going E85, heard it can mess with fuel lines and the pumps. And my car is all ready for meth, I bought a Chargepipe for duel injectors. Installing bunch of the stuff this today and tomorrow so i’ll post some pics when done.
I know I'm a little late in responding to this but you can pretty much run any ethanol concentration as long as your fuel system (that includes the engine) doesn't have any aluminium or mangesium parts. It doesn't require anything else, it just corrodes aluminium and magnesium (and some types of synthetic rubber). In europe all 95 octane now has 10% ethanol (it's E10) so if you have a car that can't handle it you pretty much have to pay extra for the 98 octane which doesn't have it.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 01:28:52 PM by TheArmyGuy »

my block is aluminum yet e85 is approved by the manufacturer

It's probably coated on the inside then. I'm not a car guy I'm a physics guy and ethanol or any alcohol for that matter corrodes aluminium and magnesium.

For modern cars yes, for older cars or anything with an aluminium block you'd royally forget yourself over.
I know I'm a little late in responding to this but you can pretty much run any ethanol concentration as long as your fuel system (that includes the engine) doesn't have any aluminium or mangesium parts. It doesn't require anything else, it just corrodes aluminium and magnesium (and some types of synthetic rubber). In europe all 95 octane now has 10% ethanol (it's E10) so if you have a car that can't handle it you pretty much have to pay extra for the 98 octane which doesn't have it.
Gotcha, i'll have to look into it a bit more, wouldn't mind running a mix of a couple gallons in it.

Also I ordered the wheels, I found a different set which had the exact offsets I was looking for and IMO look a lot better.
http://www.modbargains.com/Miro-111-Matte-Black-Wheels-BMW-2.htm

(Same wheels on previous gen of my car)

Look forward to seeing how they look on mine :)

[img ]https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--R_A6DdX6--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/wvum14sozfx6p037yeje.jpg[/img]

wiring 4 dayz
nopenopenope. Can't stand doing wiring.

wiring is prob my favorite thing to do, but I think that might be stockholm syndrome from my cars.

wiring is prob my favorite thing to do, but I think that might be stockholm syndrome from my cars.
In that case i'll call you whenever I had to do wiring for mine.

my friend bought a truck the other day. It's a 250CI inline 6 with a three on the floor. Pretty neat because around here most of those trucks either rust into the ground through neglect or have V8's haphazardly thrown in them.

I heard trucks with I6 engines used to be the most common pickups for actually hauling stuff. The I6 had a character more suited for reliable and "thrifty" operation than V8 engines.

the I6s were very popular back in the day since most of them were over-square engines making close or even more than 1 torque per cubic inch.