Author Topic: 2013/10/03 - Steam Status (Updated: 2013/12/17)  (Read 205094 times)

I'd rather it be used just for saves.

Transfer old usersDoneCurrent users would be able to switch to steam (if they wanted to) and keep their BLID.

Can you tell me if people in a predicament like mine (can't access email for key, don't have key written down or anything, but have Blockland installed with the key enabled) can get their Blockland on Steam?

Can you tell me if people in a predicament like mine (can't access email for key, don't have key written down or anything, but have Blockland installed with the key enabled) can get their Blockland on Steam?
It is possible to recover the key from an authenticated computer, but at the moment that's like contraband software.

New steam purchases Done You'll get a BLID, but steam will be used for authentication
How will signing up for the forums work now? There will be a lot of complaints that if you joined with steam you lack the key to post and have to get a account off of amazon or the main website.

bullstuff
steam workshop will improve your ability to not find addons that you want and will also improve your ability to download malicious add-ons as there is no moderator approval
You realize that can happen now, right.

How will signing up for the forums work now? There will be a lot of complaints that if you joined with steam you lack the key to post and have to get a account off of amazon or the main website.

That's just a guess.

Quite a few Steam games have a "view CD key" option in the rightclick menu. Magicka, Rise of the Triad, and Unreal Tournament 3 to name a few.

Quite a few Steam games have a "view CD key" option in the rightclick menu. Magicka, Rise of the Triad, and Unreal Tournament 3 to name a few.

Yeah, you also get notified of your key when you get in the game.
Though I think a dual log-in system would be nice, including but not limited to linking your current forum account to your Steam account and like, have a automated link to Steam on your profile. But not required.

you don't have your key devoted to memory?  I have 2 devoted to memory.

you don't have your key devoted to memory?  I have 2 devoted to memory.
What?

Using the CD Key is probably what is going to be used, but I have an odd feeling that part of the forums might have to be unlocked to guests, like the help section.

Using the CD Key is probably what is going to be used, but I have an odd feeling that part of the forums might have to be unlocked to guests, like the help section.
If you have the game, you've been given your key. There's no reason to open ANY part of the forum to guests.

Oh forget, I don't know how I'm gonna get my Key on steam. I've got a 2k ID and I can't use the recovery. I really hope I still have the email...

Oh forget, I don't know how I'm gonna get my Key on steam. I've got a 2k ID and I can't use the recovery. I really hope I still have the email...
didn't badspot say we get free keys if we bought the game before it was on steam