2013/10/03 - Steam Status (Updated: 2013/12/17)

Author Topic: 2013/10/03 - Steam Status (Updated: 2013/12/17)  (Read 205096 times)

I've been working on steam features.  It's a bit tricky since I want people to be able to switch to steam if they want to but not force it on them, so steamid and blockland id have to work side by side. 

EDIT: We are going on steam soon, brace for impact.

Here's the current task list:
Task----------------------Status---Notes---------
Updates via steamDoneWithout using the launcher
"Join Game" featureDoneVia the steam friends list
Steam store artworkDoneVarious titles, banners, icons
Steam trading cardsDoneOriginal G-rated artwork by me.  I could cheese out and only do 4.
AchievementsDone11 achievements - These are all client controlled at some level so I'm not taking it too seriously
TrailerDoneRequired for steam release
New steam purchasesDoneYou'll get a BLID, but steam will be used for authentication
Transfer old usersDoneCurrent users would be able to switch to steam (if they wanted to) and keep their BLID.
Multiple steam usersforget itYou can have multiple users with one steam folder and the main game folder is shared.  Gonna have to redirect config to mydocuments or something.

Did some edits to main post lol

hallelujah, too bad i couldn't contribute to the trailer developing process.

That trailer makes me want the game.

Also, that suave fellow that appears for one quarter of a second during the Titanic sweep, standing in the crows nest? That's me :3 I'm famous now :D!

I'm driving the cyan island car, the police car, and that blue jeep at the end haha

that blue jeep at the end haha
took you a while but you got it ;D

Badspot

• Administrator
Blockland is now available on steam.  I'm uploading the new trailer, which is pretty sweet. 

Please note that if you buy it on steam, it will give you a new ID number.  If you want to keep your BLID, just wait a bit while I turn the key transfer page on.

forget YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA

Blockland is now available on steam.  I'm uploading the new trailer, which is pretty sweet. 

Please note that if you buy it on steam, it will give you a new ID number.  If you want to keep your BLID, just wait a bit while I turn the key transfer page on.
yay