Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 121078 times)

When packaging GameConnection::autoAdminCheck, you need to return the parent. Also, fix your disconnect() function.

Hey, it seems like the new update really screwed this mod up. Chat messages such as stating when an administrator joins a server, and when someone commits Self Delete are randomly omitted from chat.
When packaging GameConnection::autoAdminCheck, you need to return the parent. Also, fix your disconnect() function.
I'll fix it for v5, I saw the thread about fixing the disconnect functions and that should already be addressed for the next update as well.

If you watch the video GSF posted above, he even spawns without any admin messages because of this mod.
I was on a single player server, so it won't state when I spawn; wasn't related to the mod.

Btw, I noticed the update allows you to set individual player speeds, which will be very useful for the encumbrance system. I ran into a issue with v5 that has delayed progress, so not much progress as of late.

Thanks

Btw, I'll be posting an in-depth video tutorial series on my YT channel for both PTG and Item Storage in the near future, esp. since PTG is gaining popularity again.

Is there a way to implement a system so that if a player drops his backpack and a different person picks it up, the inventory of the player who previously had the backpack gets transfered to the player who just newly picked up the backpack?

Yes, I'll be including that feature in the next update. :) I already have some of the core functionality setup.

Excuse me, you closed your account, so we can't view the tutorials.

I created a new account and will be posting brand new, in-depth tutorials soon. Hopefully by this week.

Alright, updated the first video tutorial, now with commentary! This is for how to install the add-on and run it in-game, which was requested before:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:38:12 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Added another video tutorial for the add-on! This one goes over a basic overview of the add-on, what it's about, what it can be used for and the various features included. I touch on the encumbrance system, Item stacking / auto-stacking, the inventory GUIs, save management, setting up storage bricks, events, server options, the backpack and dropping and picking up item stacks.

can you make an event that clears all inventory items like in backpacks and chests?

Yeah sure, I'm working on updating PTG right now, but will try to include that in the next update when I get to working on Item Storage. You should currently be able to clear the inventory for bricks though using IS_SetInv or even by copying a blank inventory of another brick using IS_CopyInv.

Bump to keep alive. I still haven't forgotten about the next update, just busy with another project.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:59:08 AM by [GSF]Ghost »

Bump, because I have a question. How do I use the text based version of the backpack gui?

Sorry, didn't see your post before. You have to use slash commands in chat to move items around and to view it. The .PDF manual included with the add-on will have more information on how to use it.