Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120087 times)

How well do you know how to event?

How well do you know how to follow basic instructions? Most of these event lines I don't know what they do or how they work properly, I've been using loving trial and error.

Can somebody send me the old event examples ( mostly the shop ones) please?
Is there a way to make a shop that you can pay for these items in exchange for points?
There was an 'event example' about this, but now it's gone, and I want somebody to show it to me if they can still find it
It should be on my other computer still; if I still have it I'll send it to y'all later.

bump for eventual ptg
I'm resuming work on it now. =) As mentioned earlier though, there's a lot going, so I'll try to post some updates soon.

Is there a way you can make a person unable to move as they are opening up a storage container? Seems over powered that they can check a container and then move around to a safer location. Maybe have the container automatically close on the player if they move away too far?
You could set the player's datablock to one that can't move, and then set it back once they close the GUIs (using onISGUIOpened and onISGUIClosed). Otherwise, you could prevent them from leaving by using invisible bricks; I'll consider adding this feature in v5.

Is there a way you can make a person unable to move as they are opening up a storage container? Seems over powered that they can check a container and then move around to a safer location. Maybe have the container automatically close on the player if they move away too far?

I'm resuming work on it now. =) As mentioned earlier though, there's a lot going, so I'll try to post some updates soon.

yeeeee

Simple zone events.

Container:
Opening events and whatever here.

Zone:
OnPlayerLeaveZone >> Container closing events.

Wonder what happened to RTB. They delete it?

Can I download this from another site? Medifire is having ads blocking the download button.

You know what you should make?

A custom in-game item editor.
With abilitys to heal, damage, etc.
Using models of already in-game stuff, just renaming them to others.

That would be very good.

Wonder what happened to RTB. They delete it?
Yeah, they ended the service. You can read more about it via the following links: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251183.msg7268062#msg7268062 and http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=215339.msg7286702#msg7286702

Can I download this from another site? Medifire is having ads blocking the download button.
I might post a mirror download link using Dropbox soon. In the mean time, try the direct link and see if it works: http://download865.mediafire.com/952ec43bgjzg/35mjppijqadt3kh/System_ItemStorage.zip

You know what you should make?

A custom in-game item editor.
With abilitys to heal, damage, etc.
Using models of already in-game stuff, just renaming them to others.

That would be very good.
That's actually not a bad idea. :) My focus right now though is on updating the terrain generator. But, afterward, we'll see.

Update: Made some progress on updating PTG! After altering how the scripts worked, I ran into some issues that were eventually resolved. The scripts are now much more organized and efficient. I still have to fix an issue with certain bricks being misplaced in the terrain, as well as to alter how the random number generator works (as it's not random enough, as seen in the screenshot below).

Also, I included a screenshot of how the new GUI will look (it's not finished by any means, but that's the basic design). The new GUI will be as intuitive and user-friendly as possible, dividing settings up into various groups: Basic, Terrain Additions, Saving/Loading of Presets and Advanced Settings. Also, a new preview window will be included, which will give users an Elevation view of the terrain (I'm going to try to add a certain feature to simulate depth in this preview window as well).

Is the new ptg going to be more user friendly than its older version and will it have support for modter of the 8x 1/4 height variants?

Is there an IS event to force close the GUI?  If not, and if possible, can you please make one?

WOAH. AWESOMENESS! This is LITTERALLY what I've been needing!

Downloading!

Hey, there's an annoying thing where when your player has an ISBackPack anywhere in their inventory, and you click while in orb mode, it opens the backpack, regardless of what slot you have selected.

Pretty annoying.