Poll

What feature are you looking forward to the most in v5?

Ecumbrance System
4 (3.3%)
Item Stacking System
8 (6.7%)
Events (?)
11 (9.2%)
Item Durability / Degradation Over Time
3 (2.5%)
Crafting & Item Forming
25 (20.8%)
Smelting with the Furnace & Crucible
0 (0%)
Vehicle Storage
13 (10.8%)
Display Bricks
2 (1.7%)
Storage Locking & Lock-Picking
7 (5.8%)
Backpacks & Containers
16 (13.3%)
Hybrid Item / Brick Planting
0 (0%)
Shops & Integrated Loot System (?)
5 (4.2%)
Item Modding & Repair (with the Anvil)
3 (2.5%)
Hunger, Thirst & Armor Support
23 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Author Topic: ☐⇄☐ Item Storage (Alpha Released!)  (Read 120083 times)

!@#$%^&* U UR GOOD
dude this is a good add on.
Thanks guys

Item Storage Update: I just purchased the full version of fraps, so I'll hopefully be able to do some video tutorials for this add-on very soon; I'm still planning to release the v5 update. Also, I received at least one request to have the add-on default in the game, due to it's features and that it would resolve certain issues with compatibility. If anyone else thinks so then let me know; with enough support maybe I can message Badspot about it and make changes for the v5 release.

PTG Update: I've pretty much finalized the fractal algorithm! A picture with various terrain examples (featuring different seed values and brick sizes) is attached.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:08:51 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

I love Item Storage and I consider it a necessary add-on for my RPG. However, it seems that using item storage breaks bot names and the Self Delete CI icon?

Without Item Storage in the addons folder:

With Item Storage in the addons folder:

Both times I have named the Zombie "Bob" :p

I love Item Storage and I consider it a necessary add-on for my RPG. However, it seems that using item storage breaks bot names and the Self Delete CI icon?
Thanks, I'm sorry about the bug though :/ I'll look into it for v5.

Update: I uploaded the first video tutorial for Item Storage! This tutorial goes over basic features of the add-on, such as using the inventory GUIs, listing and removing saves with the Saves Manager GUI, using the access / remote access options and setting up storage brick inventories. I don't have a microphone, so narration is done through annotations.

I'm planning on uploading more in the near future to go over events / vce, server options, item-stacking, encumbrance and more.

Thanks, I'm sorry about the bug though :/ I'll look into it for v5.

Thank you for your response. I do believe the reason for this is because the default player death functions have been overwritten by the following:

Code: [Select]
//function GameConnection::onDeath(%client)
//{
// parent::onDeath(%client);
//
// if(getWord($HstSetString,5))
// {
// %bkpkItms = "0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0";
// ISOverWriteSave(%client,"BackPacks",%client.bl_id,0,%bkpkItms,0,0,1);
// }
//}

The reason they are comments is because I edited the server.cs myself and did this. Bot names now work and so does the Self Delete CI, however I am not sure what this has broken for the Backpack. It seems to work just fine now though
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 01:12:49 PM by Goth77 »

Thank you for your response. I do believe the reason for this is because the default player death functions have been overwritten by the following:

Code: [Select]
//function GameConnection::onDeath(%client)
//{
// parent::onDeath(%client);
//
// if(getWord($HstSetString,5))
// {
// %bkpkItms = "0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0";
// ISOverWriteSave(%client,"BackPacks",%client.bl_id,0,%bkpkItms,0,0,1);
// }
//}

The reason they are comments is because I edited the server.cs myself and did this. Bot names now work and so does the Self Delete CI, however I am not sure what this has broken for the Backpack. It seems to work just fine now though
Sure, no problem. Also, that segment of the code allows the backpack's inventory to be cleared once a player dies, if that option is enabled by the host. I might try to recreate this issue myself to see how it can be fixed without having to remove that code segment.

Bump since this fella reminded me; any news on the PTG?

I went in and added in sounds for when you took out the backpack (item), put away the backpack (item), then accessed and closed the backpack (inventory) using the item. :D!

Bump since this fella reminded me; any news on the PTG?
Thanks for the bump!

Yes, I've been making some progress lately. Chunks now save and load from files quite well, but I'm using a new file format that is similar to .BLB files, but should be faster and much easier for the scripts to reference. So now, you can build on the terrain, explore a new section of terrain, and then come back and your build will still be there. Also, terrain now generates and culls incredibly fast around you, so you can walk around without having to wait for chunks to generate. This may vary though once you enable more features such as caves, biomes, detail bricks, etc., or if you have multiple players to generate terrain for.

I'm setting up the multiplayer aspect of the scripts now, so I'll try to host a multiplayer beta-test for the infinite terrain genrator soon on my server.

I went in and added in sounds for when you took out the backpack (item), put away the backpack (item), then accessed and closed the backpack (inventory) using the item. :D!
That's actually a good idea to incorporate into a future update lol. If you edit server files though, players that join your server will have to redownload the mod, just so you know. :)

Thanks for the bump!
Yes, I've been making some progress lately. Chunks now save and load from files quite well, but I'm using a new file format that is similar to .BLB files, but should be faster and much easier for the scripts to reference. So now, you can build on the terrain, explore a new section of terrain, and then come back and your build will still be there. Also, terrain now generates and culls incredibly fast around you, so you can walk around without having to wait for chunks to generate. This may vary though once you enable more features such as caves, biomes, detail bricks, etc., or if you have multiple players to generate terrain for.
I'm setting up the multiplayer aspect of the scripts now, so I'll try to host a multiplayer beta-test for the infinite terrain genrator soon on my server.
Good to hear that it's all going well, then. It probably doesn't need to be said, but do everyone a favour and post here whenever you start that testing; I'm sure many of us would love to take a look. :V

Good to hear that it's all going well, then. It probably doesn't need to be said, but do everyone a favour and post here whenever you start that testing; I'm sure many of us would love to take a look. :V
I'll be testing in a few minutes! It's still in alpha stage, but the multiplayer aspect should be pretty much done. Feel free to join!

Long time since I had the Item Storage. Are you dead, [GSF]Ghost?

Gru

Just got back into Blockland, and i'm loving this Add-On.

Item Storage, done right.

Long time since I had the Item Storage. Are you dead, [GSF]Ghost?
No not yet, lol. I've been working on updating PTG, as well as another project. I would still like to update Item Storage, but if it gets enough support.

Just got back into Blockland, and i'm loving this Add-On.

Item Storage, done right.
:)

I love this add-on. Gonna make a game out of this, maybe something like ArmA 3: Wasteland or something. Nice work GSF