Vulpine Vitality: Midway Sentinel's Add-On Warehouse; Fallout Weapons!! :D

Poll

What do you guys think, should I just upload the weapons I mentioned recently?

Yes
74 (61.2%)
No
4 (3.3%)
Just update the stuff!!
15 (12.4%)
*Flip Table*
8 (6.6%)
*Nuke from orbit*
11 (9.1%)
*Scream rabidly*
9 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: Vulpine Vitality: Midway Sentinel's Add-On Warehouse; Fallout Weapons!! :D  (Read 151498 times)

I've been debating it... Might try it sometime... Not sure just yet :)

Troll? No, he's anything but a troll. Referring to him as such is a glorification and infact fuels his arguments. Trolling requires intelligence, planning, and stealth. You must be intelligent enough to argue without making yourself out to be under 13, plan a destination for where you want the discussion to lead, and stealthy enough that your target realizes you're a troll only when the trolling is irreversible. I see none of those aspects here - not even just thrown in. He's being nothing more than a whiny little bitch poking at everything he can because he has no better life, and for some reason thinks it'll get him what he wants. Were I him, I'd be long done discussing the matter and would either deal with the gloves or just leave.

Think about it - a logical person would've moved on rather than just maintain a conflict-less debate over nothing. Midway has a right to counter as you're technically on his turf and challenging his honor. This is just a petty little squabble to see who gives in first, which unfortunately tends to be the higher intelligence as they see the lack in practicality of sustaining the petty controversy.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 06:14:47 PM by Kevune »

And if i knew there were so many richardheads on here, I would have expected an 18+ warning. Get the forget out of my topic, you're gumming it up with your troll goo >~<
i keep getting more and more horrified that people this stupid exist yet i can't look away
a living train wreck

Troll? No, he's anything but a troll. Referring to him as such is a glorification and infact fuels his arguments. Trolling requires intelligence, planning, and stealth. You must be intelligent enough to argue without making yourself out to be under 13, plan a destination for where you want the discussion to lead, and stealthy enough that your target realizes you're a troll only when the trolling is irreversible. I see none of those aspects here - not even just thrown in. He's being nothing more than a whiny little bitch poking at everything he can because he has no better life, and for some reason thinks it'll get him what he wants. Were I him, I'd be long done discussing the matter and would either deal with the gloves or just leave.

Think about it - a logical person would've moved on rather than just maintain a conflict-less debate over nothing. Midway has a right to counter as you're technically on his turf and challenging his honor. This is just a petty little squabble to see who gives in first, which unfortunately tends to be the higher intelligence as they see the lack in practicality of sustaining the petty controversy.
^agreed^

... no, kevune.

what is happening is that taboo is trying to provide (constructive) criticism to midway, but is being a total richard about it. midway in response, is not listening, because taboo is being a total richard

ideally what would happen is taboo gets his message across and midway decides to A: not listen to his criticism or B: listen to his criticism and then they both go their separate ways satisfied that the information transfer has succeeded and communication has managed to yet again allow humans to interact with other humans

problem is they are both being super forgetin stupid and midway isn't even entirely innocent in this case because he pulled the classic attention whore stunt of locking the topic then opening the topic again seconds later (even worse he tried to do it in a way that seemed grandiose and 'heroic') and taboo is only making the issue worse by veering into 100% richarditude and not even attempting to be civil about things anymore

basically they're both being stupid and the best way for us to react is to ride it out and hope someone gets banned along the way
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 06:21:11 PM by Bushido »

... no, kevune.

what is happening is that taboo is trying to provide (constructive) criticism to midway, but is being a total richard about it. midway in response, is not listening, because taboo is being a total richard

ideally what would happen is taboo gets his message across and midway decides to A: not listen to his criticism or B: listen to his criticism and then they both go their separate ways satisfied that the information transfer has succeeded and communication has managed to yet again allow humans to interact with other humans

problem is they are both being super forgetin stupid and midway isn't even entirely innocent in this case because he pulled the classic attention whore stunt of locking the topic then opening the topic again seconds later (even worse he tried to do it in a way that seemed grandiose and 'heroic') and taboo is only making the issue worse by veering into 100% richarditude and not even attempting to be civil about things anymore

basically they're both being stupid and the best way for us to react is to ride it out and hope someone gets banned along the way

To tell the truth at the time I was in a bit of a down mood, but a friend or two convinced me to do otherwise. Truly, I'd love to work with some of the bigger addon makers, but I hate it when they shoot the HE rounds, per se. I have my own style, but I am still learning to make it better, and change is slow. A little here, and a little there is how I go. I'll... admit I have been a little defensive about this, and I would like to formally apologize. At least to Bushido, not really as much to Taboo.

edit: if ANYONE says something to the effect of "kiss and make up" I swear..! XD
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 06:29:53 PM by Midway Sentinel »

... no, kevune.

Ok, few things about your statements.

1, let's just say a from of art is anything, which it is, and Midway's style IS what he thinks BL should be, or might be. Everyone has a different level of creativity, some simple, and others well go above all standards. Hands or not, an addon should be only replied on visual bugs and not how the modeler made it look(except for example, people who make boxes and call it a gun or weapon... or commenting how good it looks)

2, Kevune was making a metaphor like point, making others take it in a different perspective. I believe he's made probably the best point so far on this post.

3, if you do NOT like hands or fingerless gloves WHAT-SO-EVER, just don't judge it poorly if things won't be changing such as hands, gloves, whatever. If you must say something, just ask nicely, or politely refer to the moder, and then your thought might be considered instead of dropped when you make a giant acquisition.

and please, no one is exactly stupid here, nor loving stupid. That's just another way to build a fire...

(BTW Taboo is just trying to discourage Midway, it happens all the time with other hands modelers regardless the type of weapon topic.)

we're not telling him that this is stuff objectively we're telling him that the style he is gunning for is specifically not the style that blockland already has and, as advice to improve his add-ons, we are suggesting he conforms more to the art style that is already present so that his guns dont stick out like a sore thumb on merits that seem unprofessional or gaudy. its sort of like someone holding an agricultural contest where everyone grows the biggest melon and then on the day of the competition some guy brings a lemon- like, you can clearly see the guy who brought the lemon because he's unique from all the melons that are present but he is also not getting anywhere for bringing the lemon to a melon contest and actually probably looks pretty stupid

also are you seriously calling me simple for telling him that he's using the wrong art style
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:32:55 PM by Bushido »

we're not telling him that this is stuff objectively we're telling him that the style he is gunning for is specifically not the style that blockland already has and, as advice to improve his add-ons, we are suggesting he conforms more to the art style that is already present so that his guns dont stick out like a sore thumb on merits that seem unprofessional or gaudy. its sort of like someone holding an agricultural contest where everyone grows the biggest melon and then on the day of the competition some guy brings a lemon- like, you can clearly see the guy who brought the lemon because he's unique from all the melons that are present but he is also not getting anywhere for bringing the lemon to a melon contest and actually probably looks pretty stupid

also are you seriously calling me simple for telling him that he's using the wrong art style

I giggled as i read the story lol and I have been trying to improve my modelling. I'll post a pic of something I was doing earlier..

Pulse Rifle WIP:

a LITTLE better, yes?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:33:35 PM by Midway Sentinel »

There's already three pulse rifles.

Also the under barrel are two different plates that are angled in - it's not a whole barrel which is pictured above.

Otherwise nice guns & models - I pm'd you by the way.

Also, what is with the texture on the scope lens?

Seriously.
Whats up with that?

Seriously.
Whats up with that?
i don't know how i didn't notice those, holy crap that does that look bad
frankly use of any kind of detailed texture for anything other than colours looks bad, but man, that's just impressive

i don't know how i didn't notice those, holy crap that does that look bad
frankly use of any kind of detailed texture for anything other than colours looks bad, but man, that's just impressive
Taboo, did you even read what Bushido said? If you want to criticize him, at least try not being a jerk. You're obviously not getting anywhere with your current approach.

Seriously.
Whats up with that?
which texture? lol the cube map one or the one that appears to have a sky and clouds? (yellow haze)

Taboo, did you even read what Bushido said? If you want to criticize him, at least try not being a jerk. You're obviously not getting anywhere with your current approach.

>| agreed.

why should i cater to someone being a baby