Author Topic: Searching for a Coop Adventure RPG, no MMO's  (Read 1327 times)

I need to find an adventure RPG game that me and at least one other friend (preferably more) can play coop. I'm thinking Dungeons and Dragons style, id prefer turn based combat, with a large story line and lots of character customisation. I don't really mind about graphics, as long as its not 2d platformer style. Voice chat isn't an issue, as we can use Skype. Preferably free, however I am willing to pay for it if we think its worth it. Id prefer if it wasn't dark, I dont like games that are depressing just to look at..

Games i've found so far:
Secrets of Grindea, a bit too much combat/action. In development anyway.
Divinity - Original Sin, pretty much perfect, but in development. Love the conversation system, look it up on youtube.
Neverwinter Nights 2, alright, seems like not enough combat and strategy.
Torchlight 2, pretty good. A little too much action.
Diablo 3, too dark, but looks fun.
Path of Exile, again, too dark. Goes online in one day I think, so pretty neat timing.

Feel free to post any games that fit my requirements, whether they're good or not.

MMOs are too grindy for what I want. It would be a lot easier otherwise..

Oh, also, before you give me something, check to make sure someone hasn't posted it yet. Ill try to keep everything I've looked at here.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:26:48 AM by boodals 2 »

omg secrets of grindea, i completely forgot about that game, then i thought of it again but i couldn't remember the name

thank you

I don't know of many free games like that so

torchlight 2
diablio 3 (or at least how it plays on console, if it plays the same on pc i dont know)

I don't know of many free games like that so

torchlight 2
diablio 3 (or at least how it plays on console, if it plays the same on pc i dont know)

heads up to OP: neither of these games have turn based combat, or a large story line (diablo has some story but let's be honest it's stupid)

character customization is limited to the color of your armor

and if you do want a game like these two, path of exile is free, and way better than diablo 3

Ill be sure to check out Path of Exile. I've already looked at Torchlight and Diablo though, although ill take another look just out of curiosity.

Bump.

Path of Exile is too dark for my likings.
Torchlight 2 seems pretty good. A bit too much action though.
Diablo seems too dark as well. Ill add that to the requirements, not too dark.

Updated OP with these.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:28:24 AM by boodals 2 »

Triple post, last bump. Anyone else?

If you don't mind graphics how about a Multiplayer Roguelike such as TomeNET, there are hardly any people on so it can't really be counted as an MMO.

Edit: Whoops wrong link!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:11:10 PM by TheXrayNerd »

Hammerwatch's pretty fun
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:22:52 PM by Funnelcakes »

secrets of grindea looks really fun :o

Secret of mana 2 is customizable and rad.

And when I gave up on this topic; posts.
I will never understand the logic of the Forums...

Ill look into these last few games now. I am still searching. I tried roguelikes, but i don't like the instant move grid, and the terrible controls (every key is different depending on what your doing..) Might of just been the specific one i was looking at, but the general mood is pretty bleh.

TomeNET is too roguelike for me. Ascii graphics is bad, i have to look at each character for about a minute to work out what it is, and the instant-move grid is bad (as i said above).
Hammerfight is not a RPG, which is one of my main requirements. Although it does look like a neat game.
Secret of Mana is neat, but not nearly enough character customisation, or RPG elements.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:54:56 PM by boodals 2 »

Hammerwatch?

It's a bit dark but it has it's light moments

Uh, Baldur's Gate 2? It's dnd centric (heck, it actually uses dnd rules) and it supports up to 6 players, but it's a little antiquated and may be hard to get into.