Author Topic: Re: "I am quitting"  (Read 18814 times)

As in, this topic: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=244173.0

If I can, may I discuss the legibility of this ban? Otherwise, I'll have the topic locked and I'll simply go with that the ban was indeed legitimate for whatever reason.

Of course, it's easy to simply fake a story like this, e.g. "my friend/sibling did it" so I won't take into account the story he's posted on his profile. What I will take into account is some points of relevance:
  • If you look at his recent posts, the typing style of the topic and grammar are both completely different from the rest of his posts.
  • He made a post a minute and 40 seconds after the topic was posted. If he were quitting, why post right after making the topic? There could be many reasons for a very timely post after another quitting post, such as furthering your Self Delete by posting research, or "spreading the message" of your leave, but in this post, he seemed to not know it even existed.
  • Adding onto the last part of the previous point, his latest post, "WHAT THE forget", makes it seem a bit obvious that the topic was posted without his knowing.
  • There was a post sixteen seconds right before that quitting topic, again unrelated to the quitting thread. Isn't the posting limit 20 seconds?

And if all of the above points were all planned/staged, why even pull all of this bullstuff in the first place? He's been a member since 2010, and I didn't know him very well (or at all really) but it doesn't seem like something this person would do "just because". A member of three years should know very well by now that a quitting topic leads to a permanent ban, and his mildly frequent posting showed no signs of a desired permanent leave.

However, it is possible that something happened outside of the forums (or outside of BL in general, still relating to us) that would prompt him to do something like this, but that doesn't exactly explain the frequency of (completely unrelated, I might add) posts before and after the topic's creation.

Again, if this is something I shouldn't be discussing, I'll lock and move on, but I'd just like to bring this to people's attention.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:47:25 PM by Kingdaro »

I liked Arom, darn. Didn't even notice that topic. And the posting limit is 20 seconds, it always stops me from posting when I login. It's so annoying.

you've been here long enough to know what rule 5 is

rule 5 is rule 5.  no exceptions.

most likely the ban was made without the mod looking into besides "oh leaving thread". or, they wanted to ban an obviously hacked account and deal with the problem personally or something similar idk

his sig
"yeah so if anyone's wondering my friend went on and posted while i left my pc on when i wasn't home
if you don't believe me look at my recent posts you sperglord and use logic you so crave you fedora cigarette
it's perma
fug"

his sig

I addressed that:
Of course, it's easy to simply fake a story like this, e.g. "my friend/sibling did it" so I won't take into account the story he's posted on his profile.

I liked Arom, darn. Didn't even notice that topic. And the posting limit is 20 seconds, it always stops me from posting when I login. It's so annoying.
The posting limit is IP-based, not account-based

This means someone else was using his account from another IP

The posting limit is IP-based, not account-based

I think this is true.

It really does seem like his story is true, as well. The friend going on his computer story.

Why else would he have posted "WHAT THE forget" on that topic? It seems like he was way surprised to me. However, I am not sure if this will get the ban revoked.

I hope he gets his account back. Mean, maxx got one of his eight accounts back after posting a stock site link.

WHAT THE forget
I think he posted this when he got home, he might be telling the truth.

He needs new friends

I hope he gets his account back. Mean, maxx got one of his eight accounts back after posting a stock site link.
It's because I accidentally posted a chatlog with a shock site link in it and forgot to remove it, so I got auto IP banned, told badspot what happened and was unbanned.

I addressed that:
tbh i didn't see that but maybe if the admins are feeling really nice...