Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 447643 times)

I've started a little project in RPG Maker XP to get a grasp on simple design concepts, any advice people have to give me?

I don't see why you're so pissed off McJob. What are you developing a game for?
It's my Major Project. Next term I have 5 classes plus Internship and Major Project. I'm also running out of money really fast, and I don't have the savings or time to get cash if I fail major and have to do it again.

I spent 3 years hoping this game would be awesome :/

I've started a little project in RPG Maker XP to get a grasp on simple design concepts, any advice people have to give me?
I don't know much about designing Japanese RPGs, but I guess the first thing you should do is get used to the tools. Draw up a few scenarios with an interesting twist, and learn how to make them.

Heads up, the new humble bundle has game development stuff
https://www.humblebundle.com/

it's not much, but you can get rpg maker vx for $11 and spritelamp for $12

does anyone want rpg maker vx ace and game character hub
cus I already have those

but not the luna engine thing for rpg maker, I redeemed that

Is the 'deluxe' anything special? Otherwise I'll just give that key away because I already have VX Ace.

Is the 'deluxe' anything special? Otherwise I'll just give that key away because I already have VX Ace.
it includes some DLC
it's like what Fallout 3 GOTY is for Fallout 3... but if Fallout 3 GOTY didn't quite include all of the DLC

does anyone want rpg maker vx ace and game character hub
cus I already have those

sure thing

THIS IS IT BABY!

Final submission for the class assessment is today. I'll then go ahead and patch some things, clean up the files and release it publicly on Sunday (aka my 21st birthday).

Again, it's pretty stuff, but it has pockets of fun. I've optimised the map with level streaming, fixed lighting, and I'm working on an options menu and post-processing as well as audio and the ending cutscene all right now.

THIS IS IT BABY!

Final submission for the class assessment is today. I'll then go ahead and patch some things, clean up the files and release it publicly on Sunday (aka my 21st birthday).

That's awesome. I hope you get a good mark.

Going to be honest, this is a screenshot from a cinematic where I dial up the post-processing features but there's an easter egg that lets you get into this room. Good luck finding it.

Right now I'm patching the forget out of this thing. I broke it a lot last night, which is why I went on a massive bender and I was still tipsy this morning.

ITT: McJob is buttmad that his work sucks
like youd ever do better starfish

Could someone give a quick review on all of the game dev stuff offered in the humble bundle?

I'm planning to get sprite lamp with spriter pro and maybe rpg maker.

Could someone give a quick review on all of the game dev stuff offered in the humble bundle?
I'm planning to get sprite lamp with spriter pro and maybe rpg maker.
rpg maker is pretty good if you're looking to make that kind of rpg

Little cave story style platformer i've been working on