Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 447593 times)

(Click for a video with sound)

i like how the violin moves with the music

also - slightly unrelated - i'd love to use some of your music for a game a couple of my friends and I (poor high school students) are working on. Can I contact you somehow?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:15:11 PM by Waru »

i like how the violin moves with the music

also - slightly unrelated - i'd love to use some of your music for a game a couple of my friends and I (poor high school students) are working on. Can I contact you somehow?

It's neat isn't it?  I used a special function to detect when a fiddle note triggers, upon which he moves his bow.  He's the only character that does this; the rest just use looping animations.

And sure!  PM me or something with details.

It's neat isn't it?  I used a special function to detect when a fiddle note triggers, upon which he moves his bow.  He's the only character that does this; the rest just use looping animations.

And sure!  PM me or something with details.

Sent.

Hello guys. stupid question. Does anyone know of some programs available on mac that you need little to no experience for. I don't care if they 2d or 3d.

Hello guys. stupid question. Does anyone know of some programs available on mac that you need little to no experience for. I don't care if they 2d or 3d.
unity?? if you don't have experience, go get some.

Just got some primitive random level generation going in my red robot game.

Not sure how I'm gonna make every level actually possible... hm

Godot

I got a GameMaker key a while back for free and I forgot how but anyway I decided to give it a try today. It was boring as hell but then I discovered that it supports 3D using Direct 3D.

So first things first. Create boxes and make them collide. Easy right? No of course not. There are literally 0 collision tutorials out there. People keep making stupid DLLs or dumb add-ons to use collision. They act as if its a marketplace to buy super secret algorithms. No thanks get your stuffty clone grid check algorithm out of here. So I used my peanut brain to make my own collision detection and after spending an entire day pulling my hair out of my head I have finally figured it out. Add on the vomit inducing script language that GameMaker uses and its a perfect combo for Self Delete. Seriously they threw in all the popular programming language syntaxes into a blender and out came this. you can use ; but you dont have to... you can use the keyword 'then' but you dont have to because you can use {} brackets. make up your mind.

after a good days work i got jack stuff done but at least im proud

something is wrong with my brain because i enjoy the pain gamemaker puts me through. im a video game maker at last

btw i feel as if this gif is an optical illusion. is the blue square the stationary object or the red squares?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 03:35:36 PM by Blockzillahead »

my favorite part about "game" programming is spending two hours trying to find out why it would crash when i try to add two strings together

turns out i added a space at the end of something. a lone space.

i love python

programming is all about spending hours to fix 1 tiny bug that breaks everything

Just got some primitive random level generation going in my red robot game.

Not sure how I'm gonna make every level actually possible... hm
ooh that's very impressive. I've always wondered how that really works

Seriously they threw in all the popular programming language syntaxes into a blender and out came this. you can use ; but you dont have to... you can use the keyword 'then' but you dont have to because you can use {} brackets. make up your mind.
since it's supposed to be easy to use that's not all that unreasonable
I love python and I use it like 95% of the time that I'm doing any kind of programming for any reason
but whenever I need to use javascript or something that requires extra things, it's a little annoying cus I keep forgetting to add the semicolons
I don't really have any trouble with the brackets though. idk why. just the semicolons

also this is only a little relevant but I started learning C# today and UGH
i HATE STATICALLY TYPED LANGUAGES