Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 452006 times)

Sorry about uploading nothing but videos and not just gifs or screenshots, there's just so much to do with audio visual right now as I work out the "engine" (I got the text crawl to work as I like it).

Also, any suggestions on what to put in a very old-school styled RPG (think like Final Fantasy II or Dragon Warrior IV) parody would be appreciated, as at this point there are so many game play elements to design and emulate I'm not sure what should make it into the final cut.

Drugs as status effects.

Also, any suggestions on what to put in a very old-school styled RPG (think like Final Fantasy II or Dragon Warrior IV) parody would be appreciated, as at this point there are so many game play elements to design and emulate I'm not sure what should make it into the final cut.

For the love of all that is good and holy, replace that godawful GXSCC music.  That is and forever will be my only suggestion.

For the love of all that is good and holy, replace that godawful GXSCC music.  That is and forever will be my only suggestion.

I don't quite understand what's wrong with it, personally. It's albeit a little cheesy, but then, that's part of one of the inside jokes.

The whole game won't feature that music, just the into screen.

Currently I can just make a game and see if it's solid enough for me to want to buy a version of game maker to add more features/clean it up. But if I get to that point:
I don't know whether to buy 8.1 or to go the extra $10 and get GameMaker: Studio Standard.

Currently I can just make a game and see if it's solid enough for me to want to buy a version of game maker to add more features/clean it up. But if I get to that point:

Studio is probably not worth the extra money.  As long as you're just making games for PC, you probably don't need it.

Some screen shots of actual gameplay for once:

Some screen shots of actual gameplay for once:
-snip-
Really like the colour scheme, interested to see how it turns out!

That hue of blue hurts me eyes D:

That blue literally causes pain in my eyes

It's actually scientific that blue hurts your eyes the most (less blue receptors in your eyes than any other).

And yes, it rather hurts mine too.

Am I immune to "255" colors or something?

It's actually scientific that blue hurts your eyes the most (less blue receptors in your eyes than any other).

I guess that's why they made it blue in the "Blue Screen of Death" lol

I guess that's why they made it blue in the "Blue Screen of Death" lol
Oh gosh lol.

After a bit of work, I managed to get powerups working (the Rapid Fire powerup as a test) among others things.