Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 442343 times)

Looks like either an rpg, an rts, or a city builder.

what is it anyway?
Have you ever played Little Alchemy?
It's that, but you're looking for new lands instead of new elements.

Lands affect each other when placed next to each other.

You place a land and you have to wait a set number of seconds before placing another. During that time you watch things happen in the world. Certain lands create life, certain other lands get you sent strongly worded letters from the lesser gods' association.

The game is hard to explain because it's one of those Cookie Clicker sort of things that grows more complex as you play it. It's a mini project we work on while taking a break from the larger one, and we're really proud of how it looks.

Won't reveal much else right now.

Have you ever played Little Alchemy?
It's that, but you're looking for new lands instead of new elements.

Lands affect each other when placed next to each other.

You place a land and you have to wait a set number of seconds before placing another. During that time you watch things happen in the world. Certain lands create life, certain other lands get you sent strongly worded letters from the lesser gods' association.

The game is hard to explain because it's one of those Cookie Clicker sort of things that grows more complex as you play it. It's a mini project we work on while taking a break from the larger one, and we're really proud of how it looks.

Won't reveal much else right now.
oh so like birthdays: the beginning

please use a better font in everything you do it's horrifying it looks so vertically stretched that Robert Wadlow looks like a midget compared to it

please use a better font in everything you do it's horrifying it looks so vertically stretched that Robert Wadlow looks like a midget compared to it
are you sure it isnt a problem on your end

working on a multiplayer game based on an idea by destroyerofblocks
i suck at it a bit

I was talking with someone about creating a spiritual successor to Blockland, which I've been wanting to do for awhile now. The project would bring back maps and have updated building mechanics, along with better graphics, physics, a procedurally generated world (like Lego Worlds) and many new features. If enough people are interested I would like to finish it soon and get a playable demo released; here's some screenshots from various prototypes:

that's more roblox than blockland

that's more roblox than blockland
It's still in very early pre-alpha; I'm trying to decide on the direction and theme for the game, which may be slightly different than Blockland. Any ideas are welcome though, I could definitely use feedback and suggestions.

What would make it different than an already successful game such as Minecraft? How are you gonna get people to play it instead of Minecraft?

If it's just going to be the same game, no one is gonna care about it. Make sure to keep that in mind.