Game Design Megathread

Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 433090 times)

why does he have a schlong
what do you think he's gonna reproduce with a forgetin earlobe

i am absolutely not okay with this
Virgin Doraemon vs the Chad Pikachu

Doraemon:

.Obscure cartoon from Iraq
.Unappealing design (Rudolph lookin' ass)
.Literal Mary Sue cause he's a robot from the future or somethin' like that
.Only a select few (from America) recognizes him
.Every character looks like a monkey
.Doesn't even look like a cat aside from some whiskers

Pikachu
.One of the most popular characters from a popular franchise
.A simple yet good character design that represents what his powers are before he even uses them
.Is cute (1+ for puppy face >:3)
.Plays a big role in Japanese culture (he even became a mascot for the soccer team during the FIFA World Cup 2014)

.Loved by millions of not only children, but teens and adults also
.Has lightening powers like a freakin' sith lord
.More of him and just one of Doraemon
.Has flaws, making him an actual interesting character (examples: doesn't want to pokevolve because he wants to stay with ash, isn't always strong and doesn't always win making him much more believable character that we can relate to, will always fight to the end)
.Tears literally brought trainer back to life (with the help of other pokemon, who also have good designs)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 01:53:57 AM by cblock360 »

hey zach what would u do if you were sleeping at night and pikachu came into your room

actually in japan at least doraemon is as popular if not more popular than pokemon

but everywhere else in the world pokemon is the hottest stuff so get stuffed zach

actually in japan at least doraemon is as popular if not more popular than pokemon

Thats exactly the point. Im trying to get peoples mind focused off of an anime thats nothing but animals fighting eachother for 22 minutes tops and instead replace it all with a good series that focuses on the relationship between a robot and a boy. Plus, doraemon doesnt try loving crazily hard to pander to kids like pokemon does.

Thats exactly the point. Im trying to get peoples mind focused off of an anime thats nothing but animals fighting eachother for 22 minutes tops and instead replace it all with a good series that focuses on the relationship between a robot and a boy. Plus, doraemon doesnt try loving crazily hard to pander to kids like pokemon does.
did you not see the second half of my post
are you literally selectively blind like an anti-vaxxing mom
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:31:48 AM by Pompmaker2 »

guess what nobody wants to hear you scream about doraemon in every single one of your posts
and almost nobody in the forums watches anime anyway
also, pokemon is a game

did you not see the second half of my post
are you literally selectively blind like an anti-vaxxing mom

I did, and i think the fact that pokemon is hot is loving bullstuff and im trying to change that.

the reason it's popular is because it's a game???
its a game with a cartoon (i refuse to call it an anime) attached to it

Look at these character designs. Why the forget do people think this looks cute?
It litterally looks like a little kid drew some animals on a piece of paper and then broke into game freaks headquarters, then some IQ of 2 person pitched the idea to nintendo.

hey zach ever checked your kindergarten dictionary for the word opinion?
oh wait

WHY dE forget DO peOple tiNk dIS is Cute?!?!?!?!???????????????????????????????
wHooo eveEEER PicTTTCHeD ThE IdEEa TooO sOmme IraAqQ duDD haS tWOO IQ
when zach overreacts to a kids cartoon and claims the world for doraemon and only doraemon
dont get pissy at me zach if you dont like my opinion, you get stuff in your paints anytime someone says the word pokemon or even thinks about it, yet you see no problem in trying to rule the world with some handicapped cat cartoon, and then get mad when someone says what your doing is really loving stupid
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:35:03 AM by Darth C3P0² »

okay zach, argument time

If you want to compare Pokemon to Doraemon by comparing their animes, you're being biased towards Doraemon.
Doraemon got adapted more truthfully to its original manga than Pokemon as it was done before the concept of international marketing while Pokemon's anime was created to market to the west. Pokemon's origin was in its games, so to have a fair fight we need to compare Pokemon's games to Doraemon's manga.

Doraemon's manga was a simplistic comedy manga. It was not about a boy and his robot, they were simply vehicles for executing a gadget-of-the-week series which enabled Fujiko to keep it running for a long time as it was easy for him to come up with ideas that could be put in. Granted, it executed this concept flawlessly, probably more so than any other manga, but it was still, at the end, a shallow, humorous gag manga with no running story or underlying morals. More importantly, it had already been done before, with similar manga by Fujiko and his partner made before it to test the waters.

Pokemon, on the other hand, was revolutionary. It was among the first games to feature a large open world alongside titles like Zelda, and the first to feature a protagonist who started out as nothing and adventured through the world. The story of the games are grandiose and heroic if you ever played any of them, and it tells the triumph of good over evil, and manages to create dramatic and emotional moments even through the limited hardware of its time. The anime actually managed to take this further by showing the interpersonal relationship between pokemon and their trainers, and if you think it's just about monsters fighting you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

In conclusion, Doraemon was like Seinfeld while Pokemon was like the Lord of the Rings. They are definitely both good series, but if you're trying to discuss good stories, concepts, themes and relationships Pokemon blows Doraemon out of the loving water. As someone who knows both (and you know I do), I can say this is non-negotiable.

and of course you're gonna loving ignore this essay like you ignore everything that doesn't agree with you ever lmao