Game Design Megathread

Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 442295 times)

pico8

i oughta look into this, and i had no idea fantasy consoles were just a thing in general
celeste was originally a game on pico8 so i know a little bit about what it does, but not much

The problem is that most fantasy consoles games are "isolated", i mean they almost never get outside recognition due to it only being able to run into that platform. Thus leading users to abandon the fantasy consoles as their works will never receive outside recognition.

Nevertheless, i suggest you to try it out.

woah wait celeste was made in pico8? thats weird i thought it was made in a.... bigger engine i guess
then again i don't really know much about pico8, i've only seen one or two small games that one person made and showed to me and some others

The point im trying to make here is that
POKEMON SUCKS.
And i tolerate any hate towards it. Its a piece of stuff.
nobody cares if you hate pokemon, nobody cares if you like doraemon. you don't need to "spread" your opinion like HIV. all you've been doing is being needlessly aggressive about something as loving petty as whether doraemon or pokemon is better
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 10:49:43 PM by simpletonnn »

nobody cares if you hate pokemon, nobody cares if you like doraemon. you don't need to "spread" your opinion like HIV. all you've been doing is being needlessly aggressive about something as loving petty as whether doraemon or pokemon is better
Well I mean you just spread his opinion (from 3 pages ago) for him, so maybe don't do that?

Pomp im 6 feet tall in real life

I could beat the stuff out of you if i wanted
ALPHA loving MALE

Pomp im 6 feet tall in real life

I could beat the stuff out of you if i wanted
u could b 4"11 and still whoop a gamers ass but u do u i suppose :U

woah wait celeste was made in pico8? thats weird i thought it was made in a.... bigger engine
If you are talking about the game in the Steam, no it wasn't since pico8 itself can't generate executables(I'm working on a software which will convert pico8 games into edecutables).

sorry yeah i should clarify: celeste started as a pico8 project, but the team united and decided to create the more official version that i linked on steam.

the pico8 version of celeste is actually hidden inside of the modern celeste as a tribute to its "prototype," which is pretty cool.

I plan to make a game inspired by the Choro-Q series/Road Trip Adventure, anyone here have played these before?

Well I mean you just spread his opinion (from 3 pages ago) for him, so maybe don't do that?
good idea

Been working on this for a while, I think it's coming along nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kRERvdPfmQ

my wad went through it's first nameswap

its been renamed to zachies mod

Been working on this for a while, I think it's coming along nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kRERvdPfmQ
what the forget the footstep noise is seriously the best thing ive heard in my life
HONEY DOGS

no offense but those graphics in the background of the "cover" are worst than the original duke

I plan to make a game inspired by the Choro-Q series/Road Trip Adventure, anyone here have played these before?
yes

no offense but those graphics in the background of the "cover" are worst than the original duke
its not duke though
its doom