Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 433072 times)

Unity is probably your best bet. I've never used its scripting language before but i hear its pretty simple.

You might have a harder time trying to get UE4 blueprints working than just learning a language for something like Unity or GameMaker. Blueprints themselves are easy to use, but the documentation (official and community) is very lacking compared to the resources available for Unity. Trust me, I've tried learning blueprints myself but once I gave Unity a shot I found it a lot easier to get answers for C# issues.

If you REALLY don't want to learn code then try out GameMaker, it has plenty of blueprint-like options. I would still urge you to learn scripting instead, Unity and GameMaker are both great options.

As a 5 year GameMaker user, I say GameMaker's a great way to getting into game development.

As a 5 year GameMaker user, I say GameMaker's a great way to getting into game development.
I've only used UE4 and Unity, but I've heard great things about GameMaker as well. If you want to develop only 2D games then do GameMaker. If you want to do 2D first but 3D later then do Unity.

since the chatter about some doom related stuff recently,
i made a doom wad for vinesauce joel (vargskelethor)'s doom contest, and he streamed it:
click for vid.

(winners still haven't been announced, there's about 200 other wads that i have to contend with)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 06:48:45 PM by DeadFromHeaven »

you should be ashamed that joel featured that

you should be ashamed that joel featured that

would you forget off already

we get it; you guys don't like vinesauce.  stop whining about it every time it's mentioned

on topic: holy stuff I didn't know a blocklander made that

that was well done dude.  ridiculous, but well done.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:52:13 PM by Electrk.. »

on topic: holy stuff I didn't know a blocklander made that

that was well done dude.  ridiculous, but well done.

thanks my man

i made a doom wad for vinesauce joel (vargskelethor)'s doom contest, and he streamed it:
click for vid.

(winners still haven't been announced, there's about 200 other wads that i have to contend with)

my god the cirno bossfight
this was great

click for vid.

hes loving terrible at doom

my god the cirno bossfight
this was great
hes loving terrible at doom

@pomp: glad you enjoyed the boss fight!
@two and a half limericks: i hope they don't think it's too hard due to joel's playthrough lol

I cant just log out and let that be the end of it, that would be amateur as hell.
do it anyway, silly

we all know you're way less than an amateur <3

btw, deadfromheaven, your doom wad looks great, and congrats on vinesauce noticing you
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 09:40:26 PM by Superfun909 »

Something interesting im working on.

A while ago i found out about Voxatron which is a fantasy console created by the same creator of pico8.

It's still alpha.