Your top 5(+) most disappointing boss fights

Author Topic: Your top 5(+) most disappointing boss fights  (Read 3522 times)

Not all bosses are there to intimidate you, however some bosses had massive build-up for a battle that was pathetic (Paper Mario: Sticker Star) just disappointed you severely. So here's a thread where we can all talk about our top 5(or higher) boss fights that just disappointed you. If plenty of the bosses on your list are from the same game, chances are that game sucked.
Do not get insulted if you enjoyed any of the boss fights in this thread on anyone's list. These are all opinions.

5:
Antasma from Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.
Dream Team had some really cool boss fights. A personal favorite of mine was the Earthwake X, but to be honest even though Antasma had an amazing boss theme... he stank. It took me one Luiginary Wall to deal severe damage to him then during his attacks you just get to pummel him further. Took me a whopping three turns to kill him. Oh well, at least his theme was awesome and I guess him killing Dreambert fueled the fight and made you ready to pummel him. Oh wait, when you start the boss fight Dreambert is already well. Not to mention Dreambert heals you every single time you're about to attack so getting damaged isn't very much of a threat.

4:
Lingering Sentiment from Kingdom Hearts II (Final Mix)
Many of you people say this boss was so much fun to fight and the fact that he can kill Sora in a mere three hits makes him fun to fight. In reality, that's what made the fight extremely unsatisfactory for me. His attacks annoy you and will kill Donald in a hit while Goofy dies in two hits. You can use Limit Form but that form nor Anti Form will help you at all. When you finally beat him, you get a boring cut scene which made me cringe. An annoying boss fight for just a small chat? Come on!

3:
343 Guilty Spark from Halo 3 :Combat Evolved.
God, I hate this robot orb thingy. His boss fight was so disappointing that I can barely remember the game more than I remembered his stupid boss fight. His only real attack, the laser, is incredibly easy to dodge and along the way he does nothing but annoy you with stupid phrases about how the "RING IS MINE!" All you really gotta do is go to Sergeant Johnson, get his gun, spend thirty minutes trying to hit the stupid small thing then shoot him two more times after you finally got him and you're done. The only reason he isn't higher is because he killed Johnson.

2:
Giant Bowser from Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Obvious weakpoints. That enough? His attacks are just as easy to dodge as 343 Guilty Spark's laser was.
Let's face it, when you went to fight Gobblegut and you noticed the obvious red ring weakpoints you hoped that it wouldn't continue for the rest of the game. It did and it even went to the final boss in the form of a golden meteorite with a ground pound print on it.
Once you beat him, he comes back and eats your grand star just to become big again and repeat an even more boring fight. At least it was a tad harder to hit him.

Before I get to Number 1, I want to say something.
Did Giygas intimidate you? You bet he did. His music was eerie and he looked freaking scary. The fight in Mother 3 with Claus made you want to cry. Both of those were very fun fights. But think about Giygas again. Remember how he was in the first mother game?
1:
Giegue (Giygas)
from Mother.
Let's face it, a boss battle like this was boring. There was no "epic theme" or even a theme there. It was just an annoying beep trying to resemble a UFO hovering. Giegue talks as you fight him and it's an okay battle from there. When he finishes his speech, you realize you can't hurt him any more. What do you do? Use the obvious "sing" move. Giegue's attacks aren't that much of a threat because any real healing move can get you out of about three attacks from him and by that time you've already driven him to insanity by spamming Sing.
Then it ends. Yay. Lame fight to spamming a move OVER AND OVER!

What's your top 5 most disappointing boss fights? Post them here!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:06:43 PM by Cuddles le Bear »

The Didact from Halo 4

It was a 1-button QTE

you can't really hate on a mario boss for having obvious weakpoints

nintendo's target audience is pretty young, after all

you can't really hate on a mario boss for having obvious weakpoints

nintendo's target audience is pretty young, after all
Even though I know that's true, it still did disappoint me. I was hoping for a little more than what Giant Bowser offered, especially because in the first game he was at least sort-of difficult.

Doom 3's Cyberdemon was pretty lame.

343 Guilty Spark is in Halo 3. You messed up OP.

343 was from Halo 3

Parasite Queen from Metroid Prime was pretty lame. Big buildup but really easy fight.
Makes sense though since it's the first boss.

Enderdragon is stuff.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:14:38 PM by Electrk² »

343 Guilty Spark is in Halo 3. You messed up OP.
Gah, doi. I told you I barely remember the stuff about it.

None of the MOTHER final bosses are real boss fights. I haven't played through all of MOTHER (my emulator screwed around the part where you get Lloyd back), but Earthbound and MOTHER 3 didn't exactly have engaging bosses, and it's for a good reason. It's more of an interactive cutscene than an actual fight, which is the intention.

the first boss in Hammerwatch was way OP for a small amount of players and basically ruined the experience for me entirely, blegh

4:Golem (terraraia) honestly if you had crimson in your world to get vamp knives or went after the Hm dungeon to get spectre armor and shadowbeam staff and got them, this fight is a joke.

3: Teamflare boss lysandre (Pokemon Y)
All i have to say - blaziken + yveltal breaks this fight or if you are on X, just blaziken but if you couldn't get blaziken, this is atleast SOMEWHAT hard.

2:Robo kaos (skylanders giants' final boss)
.. Even on HARD this guy was a wimp. flashwing and adventure packs are all you need to beat this fight easyly. nice try, Kaos.

1:Enderdragon (minecraft)
.... the only time the boss can do damage is by ramming you or by his minions. An He can die by snowballs. Wait He can die by snowballs? ULTRA WIMPDRAGON. only 4 because i can only think of 4.