Author Topic: Tetsujin (for GBjam2)  (Read 3367 times)

Tetsujin is a hardcore platformer about a cyborg ninja who fights other cyborgs, who are probably not ninjas.

it's a short little platformer i made over the course of the last week for http://www.gbjam.net/. i finished it literally less then an hour ago, full polish. i might continue the project into maybe 20 stages, but for now i'm going to sit here and enjoy my own game

what do you guys think?

Download GBJam2 Version
Download Post-Jam Updated Version
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:56:57 AM by Bushido »

The music and visual style are great, but the way the attacks feel leave a bit to be desired.

what about the other game where a refrigerator with wheels go around killing people with super shaky high-paced screen

The music and visual style are great, but the way the attacks feel leave a bit to be desired.

the music is from sega

:V

also the attacks are designed to emulate the feel of Nikujin (which is essentially this game's direct ancestor), but i can see what you mean

Downloaded, will play in a bit.

I played this for about 10 minutes before I stopped because I just don't understand where I'm suppose to go next. First scene is straight forward but then the next scene its just a drop into death.

have you considered going up

have you considered going up
Yup didn't lead anywhere. You should provide more direction because I got bored of trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

you jet and go up and then you walljump a few times while still jetting

Yup didn't lead anywhere. You should provide more direction because I got bored of trying to figure out what the hell is going on.
I think you're just dumb...

I think you're just dumb...

I have a valid point. A simple X sign that blends in with the background should denote what is a drop off to death and some sort of arrow sign could hint at what to do. You go ahead and think that though because no one cares what you think.

I have a valid point. A simple X sign that blends in with the background should denote what is a drop off to death and some sort of arrow sign could hint at what to do. You go ahead and think that though because no one cares what you think.
you're a robot ninja in this game. if you're a ninja on a mission to do stuff you won't find arrows leading you anywhere.

there's a big forgetin exclamation mark that uses the two most contrasting colors in the palette

are we talking about the same place

you're a robot ninja in this game. if you're a ninja on a mission to do stuff you won't find arrows leading you anywhere.

That's a lame excuse. To assume every single person of your player base will know what to do on the mark is just dumb.

there's a big forgetin exclamation mark that uses the two most contrasting colors in the palette

are we talking about the same place

I can't be sure because your background is forgetin static.

are we talking about this area specifically