Sord213's Zombie Wasteland Server -v1.06 - New poll - downtime

Poll

Forced avatars (survivors would get a grey hoodie, bandits would stay the same, and then ZRT would get something cool idk) voting will end sometime idk

Yes, I like being able to tell who is a bandit better and not knowing who everyone is
15 (32.6%)
No, I like knowing who people are from their avatars
31 (67.4%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Sord213's Zombie Wasteland Server -v1.06 - New poll - downtime  (Read 16817 times)

Yay! A rural map! The city map is all clustered and eugh.

Posting some updates. City is getting more and more populated. Thanks to Pass for donating some builds from Gravebreak. It's helped fill up the main city and the small village. In addition the decision was made to turn the build into an island (it was already raised so it wasn't hard). This serves two purposes. First, it makes the issue of making map borders a lot easier(no large cubes/weird landscapes that mark map edges). And secondly, it makes expanding a whole lot easier. Huge highway/bridge leading to another island? Sure. Boats? Why not, floating survivor cities? Totally.

Overview of the main city (name pending)

Showing off one of the main suburbs of the main city. You can also see the survivor camp with the (hastily built) walls for keeping out undead.

View of the small town/village. Also unnamed. It's mainly a small area to get some civil/urban loot.

A survivor camp out in the woods. Survivor camps are safe(ish) areas to get assorted loot and nice places to chill. Survivor camps are easy to spot from the large plumes of black smoke from the fires.

Millitary outpost/FOB near the main city.

At a rough guess I'd say the map is about 80% completed. The only thing that's needed now is to finish up the main city, adding loot, and placing zombies. The loot and zombies will take the least amount of time.

Another part of the progress update is I decided I'm going to make a lot more types of loot boxes. They still serve a main purpose, bu vary more. There's also going to be more items. Some loot boxes include: misc boxes (Contains melee, pistols, pills), hunting boxes (may contain some less militarized weapons like basic shotguns, rifles, ammo), household boxes (Contains things you'd expect more in residences, crowbars, frying pans, some basic survival gear, med supplies), and a larger variety of military/other loot.

I don't know exactly when the server will be back open, but it should be relatively soon.

oh and I also have to add VIP stuff, but that's not hard. VIP areas, lounges, etc.

If you'd like to help build (I need more city buildings such as offices, mechanic's garages, and the like) you can ask me on RTB, get on the teamspeak (ts31.gameservers.com:9118), or talk to me on steam.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:00:32 PM by DaSord213 »

landscape looks pretty boring, could use a lot of spicing up.

landscape looks pretty boring, could use a lot of spicing up.
The landscape is pretty boring, I'm not great at building terrain even with modter. There are some terrain variations but not much. The main goal was to make a somewhat large map for players to play on. No more cramped city. 60% of the map is forest. Terrain is pretty much final, though, as we've already scattered tons of trees/bushes around.

I'll probably grab an aerial view to show off the size of the map sometime soon.

Bump from the grave, the server is open once more! Map is complete, filled with zombies and loot, and ready to be played!

The server is very fun to play on

the problem is the rdms

I found a Bandana, vest, battle rifle, tac bullpup and a syringe

but

4x4racer got in a random killing spree, he spawned a loving heli, a ammo cache, and a granade launcher

then killed me with his loving granade launcher.

this is a good server! let me know if you need help with this!

I was just on last night. It was fantastic! Keep up the good work man

I claim the main town. people that are not listed in my mental list will be fired upon.

We are looking for screen shots for the website. Please Feel Free to add your screen shots here. Check out of website at www.sord4x4.com Thanks

Server will probably be closed for most of today. We're doing some building, renovating some buildings, adding some more stuff.
the wip map

It's oriented North = Up, so Smallville is on the north side, and Nota (bonus points if you find out why I chose this name) City is to the south.

e: also I added another VIP benefit. You get access to the VIP jeep spawn which is attached to the ZRT headquarters in Nota City. There's also some 2/3 chanced fuel boxes inside the VIP Garage.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:09:28 AM by DaSord213 »

When do you think it will be back up? I've really been wanting to get back on. Also, I think I know why it's called Nota City. Probably because it's not a city. It's too small.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:08:22 PM by TrainandSpacelover »

the new map has made this server 10x better, very quality server imo