Trains - Pack 2 Out

Author Topic: Trains - Pack 2 Out  (Read 49419 times)

You could have it so the train in front controls the ones behind it, as in moving/stopping. Will probably be filled with bugs and errors due to the amazing physics engine this game uses.

The whole "connected train" thing can easily be accomplished using events if the the way the turns were scripted could be fixed.  They seem to be a bit inconsistent, I think.  Haven't messed around with them recently, but that's what I remember.

sorry, double post
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:27:55 PM by Gen. Hothauser »

The whole "connected train" thing can easily be accomplished using events if the the way the turns were scripted could be fixed.  They seem to be a bit inconsistent, I think.  Haven't messed around with them recently, but that's what I remember.
"fixed"

I don't think you quite know what you're talking about. There's literally nothing you could be thinking that hasn't been tried at one point. You did see the version of the mod where there were smooth turns, right? It was a nightmare.

Don't remind me, Ughhhh....

Or it could be made using the way the skycrane did to pick up vehicles back then...

Or it could be made using the way the skycrane did to pick up vehicles back then...

Lol'd. Skycrane tries to makes it so the vehicle that's been picked up is a part of it, so if the crane turns, so does the vehicle with it. If you did this, your front car would turn and the back car would whip around off the tracks, as if it was one long static train. Except very buggy of course.

Although, That would be hilarious to see. Lol.

"fixed"

I don't think you quite know what you're talking about. There's literally nothing you could be thinking that hasn't been tried at one point. You did see the version of the mod where there were smooth turns, right? It was a nightmare.

By "fixed" I meant that the time it takes a train to make a turn isn't always consistent, and if the turning was made more consistent, trains and train cars can just be several trains spawned near each other.

Back to the trains, When do you think the models are going to be done? I'd like to see a "Diesel", "Subway", And maybe that "Steam Train" on page 8. If possible, I'd also like "Train Wagons" to go along with the style of these trains... It would be nice...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:18:22 PM by josh10503 »

I Have A Question, What do the "Trains_Pack1" Go to? Its not on my blockland so can i just put the trains pack items inside it inside the support?

I Have A Question, What do the "Trains_Pack1" Go to? Its not on my blockland so can i just put the trains pack items inside it inside the support?
It's an Add-On.

Back to the trains, When do you think the models are going to be done? I'd like to see a "Diesel", "Subway", And maybe that "Steam Train" on page 8. If possible, I'd also like "Train Wagons" to go along with the style of these trains... It would be nice...
Subway has been done and is ready for release. As for the others, we're working on it.

Thank you, Chris, :D But I feel like the add-on is far from release...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:09:45 PM by josh10503 »