Author Topic: In years to come, do you think there will be livable towns in Antarctica?  (Read 3597 times)

We probably cannot live there, as a lot of the ozone layer over Antarctica has been eaten away by chlorofluorocarbons

therefore you probably would manage to live there for a month before being irradiated by the ultraviolet
Yeah I just read all about that in my science book a few months back

You'd simply need to keep your face covered or use sunscreen on those.
sunscreen
in THE ANTARCTIC

dayum

I was at a model un summit awhile back and someone proposed an idea where we just turn antarctica into one giant trash dump because establishing towns there is so unfeasable. I thought it was a pretty neat idea. It won and award too i believe.

The thing is, the Antarctic Treaty says that no part of Antarctica can be the territory of any country. There's a bunch of countries that claim sections of antarctica, but none of these claims can be enforced legally because of the treaty.

So is it legal to grow marijuana there? CP? slavery?

I should invest in some land there...

The thing is, the Antarctic Treaty says that no part of Antarctica can be the territory of any country. There's a bunch of countries that claim sections of antarctica, but none of these claims can be enforced legally because of the treaty.

Antarctica will declare independence from US/Britain/NZ/Australia/whatever owns every sector.  Then there will be an Antarctic War.

The real question is: would you live there?

The real question is: would you live there?
I think it would be really cool to live in McMurdo for a couple months.

Who would?
I would. It'd be a nice place for my death laser. I'd then place reflective mirrors all over the place in orbit.

Antarctica will declare independence from US/Britain/NZ/Australia/whatever owns every sector.  Then there will be an Antarctic War.
the problem is no one would fight ON antarctica

I still don't believe chlorofluorocarbons can cause that much atmospheric damage. And if it does, why does it all rearrange to the poles instead of spreading around?

towns and cities need to exist for a reason. the only reason my city exists is because it's beside the water, the only reason new york exists is because of it's port and tourism. there is no real reason to live in antarctica accept for hipster friends trying to be hip and edgy.

Sure, why not. It'd be kind of neat to live there; you'd be almost as isolated as possible without living alone.