Author Topic: Island Exploration RPG - OPEN NOW - UPGRADABLE HEALTH ADDED!  (Read 5681 times)

Island Exploration RPG
(This is an old project of mine that I'm reviving.)

A Zealot Slave Co. Project

Watch the trailer: http://youtu.be/IKPwREn1MM4

Vvanrim is a server about exploration. There are a large amount of islands  spread out across a large area. Most are small, only slightly larger than a 64x64 baseplate, but some are large and 6-8 64x64 baserplates. Almost all of them have a structure or object (or multiple of them) on the island. I originally planned to have hunger, but it wasn't really a survival aspect, just something to get in your way, so I removed it. It wasn't fun. The islands have supplies (Weapons, Armour, Medical Supplies, Keys to secrets on other islands) on them, so it is always worth checking them out.

It is also very PVP based. Friendly fire is always on. You could be a pirate and kill everyone you meet, or a kind explorer. (After all, what would be the purpose of gaining supplies with nothing to survive from?) Some areas have sharks in them, so you'll need to be careful and look out. You could gather a group and survive together, or go out on your own.

Almost all of the exploration you do will be with vehicles. There are LOTS of boats, and rarely planes. The boats have big speed and capacity differences though, so don't get a rowboat over a jetskii unless you plan on keeping a group around. (Yes, it is modern.)

The ships and equipment vary drasticly. If you want to go out alone you can take a small helicopter or a raft, but if you fight for them you can get massive pirate ships and battleships, or large planes or helicopters. There are different levels of armor and guns, and keys that unlock areas all over the map. It will force you to explore and work for better equipment.

Islands:

Currently we have 4 large islands, 9 small islands, and 3 misc objects in the ocean (Shipwrecks, Caves, ect). And now an aircraft carrier. We've recently added a flying blimp fort.

Join now!

http://www.blockland.us/detail.php?ip=192.241.71.218&port=32400&blid=46029
(The server preview can't generate very good images of maps this big.)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:04:54 PM by Zealott »

This looks very fun, I'll come try it out soon! :D

Come on guys! It's no fun with 3 people.

make it procedurally generated and then people will join ofc.

The lighthouse looks small and lacks detail. It can be more curved than that.
trust me i've made one

wow this topic never really took off

We've added an aircraft carrier, the server now has air vehicles!

I really enjoyed this server!

Some pictures of the server:

Who built the air craft carrier should design real ones. Pretty sure a plane can take off / land in it.

That aircraft carrier is the most aerodynamic vehicle ever created.
Why isn't it a real vehicle?

RTB keeps crashing and not allowing me to put the server back up. Ugh.

I added in a flying blimp fortress thing.

I added in a flying blimp fortress thing.

that's not an island!

come play with us we are so lonellyyyy