The Medieval Mod

Poll

Weekly 2: What should the next update be?

More Weapons!
140 (59.1%)
More Depth! *
97 (40.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: The Medieval Mod  (Read 37469 times)

Code: [Select]
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Script_ItemCombining
// Copyright (c) SolarFlare Productions, Inc.
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

function serverCmdcombine(%client, %slot1, %slot2)
{
   %slot1--;
   %slot2--;

if(!isFile("Add-Ons/ItemCombos.txt"))
   {
      error("ItemCombos.txt not found!");
      return;
   }

%file = new FileObject();
   %file.openForRead("Add-Ons/ItemCombos.txt");

while(!%file.isEOF())
   {
      %readItem = %file.readLine();
      %readItem1 = getWord(%readItem, 0);
      %readItem2 = getWord(%readItem, 1);
      %readItem3 = getWord(%readItem, 2);

if(%readItem1 $= %client.player.tool[%slot1].getName() && %readItem2 $= %client.player.tool[%slot2].getName())
      {
         %client.player.tool[%slot1] = %readItem3.getID();
         %client.player.tool[%slot2] = 0;
         messageClient(%client, 'MsgItemPickup', '', %slot1, nametoID(%readItem3));
         messageClient(%client, 'MsgItemPickup', '', %slot2, 0);
         messageClient(%client, '', "\c3You've created a new item!");
         return;
      }
   }
   messageClient(%client, '', "\c3Nothing was created.");

%file.close();
   %file.delete();
}
Item Combining system. Simply use /combine <slot1> <slot2> to combine the items in the two slots. Item combinations are defined in ItemCombos.txt in the Add-Ons folder, so be sure to make that text file or else you'll get errors. The format goes as follows:
<firstItemDatablock> <secondItemDatablock> <resultItemDatablock>With one per line.  So, for example:
heGrenadeItem heGrenadeItem gunItemSo if you combined two heGrenade items in your inventory, it'll result in a Gun being created. To find the names of the item datablocks, look through the weapon script until you find:
datablock ItemDataWithin the brackets that follow will be the name of the item datablock.
datablock ItemData(swordItem)

I'm not on the team for this mod, so if you'd kindly remove my mis-spelled name that'd be great.

you started this mod and then Bushido took over am i right ?

I'm not on the team for this mod, so if you'd kindly remove my mis-spelled name that'd be great.

you started this mod and then Bushido took over am i right ?

Apparently Bushi started it of his own accord. Don't quote me on that, though.

Ephi "Started" the lulz mod, as a joke, Trader played along and told me to take over, and now we're here, making a kick-arse mod to go down in history.

Weird.

Reactor, we'll need some models for Armor, or specifically:

"Light" Armor (Leather like)
"Medium" Armor (Chain-Mail like)
"Heavy" Armor (Plate-Mail with Shoulders)

And than, make sure they're colorable as there will be 5 different colors / strengths of armor.

In addition, make four individual kinds of armor ( Helmet, Torso, Arms, and Legs.)

Think you're up for it?

Use the Armor already on the model, the flat shoulderpads and maybe the feet coloured differently. No need for so many new models.

"Light" and "Medium" armor for torso could be a new decal

Blocko people don't have arms or legs, they have hands, feet, hips and shoulders.

I personally like the idea of as few models as possible, but a chest decal wouldn't give you the "Feel" that you're heavily armored. Really.

Anyways, when I referred to arms and legs, I ment armor that would cover the areas legs and arms would BE- For instance, the "Invisible" arm to me is basically a "Naked" arm; No armor, clothing or otherwise.

Yeah, heavy armor could use the "Armor" pack you can have. The rest could use recoloured versions of that or a decal for the "light" one.

Recolored wouldn't really work; The fact that the armor has 5 classes, each with it's own coloration, renders it impossible.

OK, here are my models.

The axe

The Dwarven Axe:

The longsword:

The shortsword:

The Longbow

The shortbow

The dwarven crossbow

The heavy crossbow

The Light crossbow

The hand crossbow

and a scroll

If you want, I'll make a zip and upload them.

Also, heres a post I was making a real long time ago, but never posted. It's an incomplete suggestion for a RPG system.
Overview

I thought of something this morning--an realistic player type. It would have many types of energy, a good damage system, food and drink effects, and more. I will outline that in this post.

Energy Bars

No, not that type. Think of the leap-jet player type. The blue bar shows how much jet energy you have left. I thought, "Why not have a lot of those bars, all showing one or another type of energy. I have a list of some of the types I thought of:

• Damage: Whadda you think? Is affected by attacks, enviroment, diseases and posions.
  • Food: How hungry/full you are. Your food amount affects damage healing rates, strength regen, and magic regen. Can be recharged by using a food item on your self. If you eat when you aren't hungry alot, you can get fat (e.g from 1 1 1 scale to 1 1.5 1 or something.)
  • Water: How thirsty/quenched you are. Pretty much the same as food, execpt it needs a drink item to recharge.
  • Magic: For casting spells. Every spell takes away a certain amount of Magic. Spell system: You have 20 spell slots. If you pick up a magic scroll, and use it, you learn it. Then, you can type /spell 1-20 to acsess a spell. Type /unlearn 1-20 to unlearn a spell.
  • Strength: Affects movement speed, attack power, healing rates. Affected by damage, food, and water. Can be restrored by sleeping (Pressing CRTL+ALT+S or something.)

Items

The inventory size would be large (20-30 slots) and items can be stored along with money.
Some ideas (in a medival setting):
  • Weapons (Metal)
  • : Each weapon would have a bad, normal, and good (sometimes excellent) quality version, and a iron, steel, bithral, and ponium material version, so that you could find a normal steel longsword or a bad bithral spear. Made by taking the corresponding metal (Mined from randomly spawned rocks) to a special anvil brick, equiping it, using it on anvil, and selecting what to make (A longsword, shortsword, spear, battleaxe, or warhammer.) The quality is randomly assigned and effects attack speed, damage, and cost.
  • Weapons (Wooden)
  • : Exactly like metal weapons, expect you take corresponding wood (Cut from randomly spawned trees. Types: Pine, Maple, Willow, Oak.) to a special carptener's kit brick and selecting what to make. (Longbow, shortbow, compisite longbow/shortbow, light crossbow, or heavy crossbow.) The quality is randomly assigned and effects the same things as metal weapons.
  • Armor: A type of clothing. The metal types are: Chainmail, Platemail, Scalemail

Sounds like Age Of Time rather than Blockland.

Also, those models could use some work, and they aren't exactly square.

I need a modler for my rpg. advertisements Lol

Yes, I played along.  Wouldn't it be funneh if something quality came out of our little joke?  Anyway, you can remove my name from the list.  However, if you get stuck on something code-related or you want a second opinion on something, let me know.  I'm always interested in helping people who want to make a quality Add-On.

I'll begin work on something, I dunno what.

Rkynick, do the Armor. I'm working on adding the Combine buttons onto the Inventory GUI.

I need a modler for my rpg. advertisements Lol

PLEASE TELL ME IT IS HALF-LIFE 2 maybe the 7 hour war ? or the start of the portal storm ?