Poll

[holder poll, doesn't count for anything] Pick a favorite website

Drunk Ron Swanson
This is Why I'm Broke

Author Topic: CityMod  (Read 21996 times)

To get back on topic; Am I the only one that's slightly annoied how possibly the best CityRP mod ever made for blockland is going to be private?

I also don't get the point of making a modification discussion topic for something that won't ever be given to the public; It gets users hyped about being able to make a server for it and then it gets shot down.

It's like taking a toddler to a toy store but telling them they can't have any of the toys; only play with them in the toy store.
You can kiss all the potential this mod had goodbye.

?
why?

Because Citymod will actually be something different than the old CityRPG mod where every thing is the same, when ever you join one. Since this mod has such big changes, I can assume this will dominate any other CityRPG you can find(for now).

Because Citymod will actually be something different than the old CityRPG mod where every thing is the same, when ever you join one. Since this mod has such big changes, I can assume this will dominate any other CityRPG you can find(for now).
oh

How do you plan on distributing the market cap fairly? Will the first thousand people to join be given a free check, or do you have something else in mind? How do you intend on dealing with lost money, for example somebody could spend a lot of time becoming very wealthy then bore of the game and stop playing or even as an extreme have their key revoked. Also in this pool is everybody you will ever ban from the server.

I assume you're taking a classical point of view on the economics on this server, not Keynesian. If the server suffers from cost-push inflation, how do you plan on keeping the server fun for new players who will have to work much much harder to make any usable amount of income? How would you deal with collusion? Monopolies?

Will there be a way to force users to sign contracts to make deals legally enforceable? For example, if one party wanted to act as a bank and loan cash to people to start a business, what's to stop people from taking the money and running? If you did implement some kind of loan system, how would you deal with loan sharks charging insane interest rates? A hard limit? Would there be a bankruptcy system where if people fail to meet the terms of their loan contract and are unable to pay a payment on their loan, will they be jailed or can they declare bankruptcy to avoid this?

Would it be possible for people to create multi-person businesses with a pay structure? For example, a shop where you can be hired as a cashier and be paid some percentage of profit when you work? If so, would there be a minimum wage? If not, why not? Businesses could push this from a hunter-gatherer type game to almost a real city. What's to stop admins from making random, sweeping rules that could severely damage the health of the economy?

Will there be some system of governing and law enactment? Will users be able to run for office to create new laws, or will the laws be set by admins arbitrarily? Will admins be able to make retroactive rules and punish people for doing things that were not at the time illegal?

Will there be income taxes? Or will government agencies run off income they have to make themselves, for example would police take and split the net worth of a criminal they capture?

For that matter, what would prevent police corruption? Would it be within the rules to allow criminals to bribe officers?

I think that's enough questions for now. I don't want to overwhelm you.

thousand lol

set the heart of the economy at labor and logistics, so you dont need to pass out checks

thousand lol

set the heart of the economy at labor and logistics, so you dont need to pass out checks
thats not true at all.

oh
then I guess i meant
"no"

there that makes sense. I think I misused the word logistics, but I don't know how to explain it. you probably got somethin good in place though.

there that makes sense. I think I misused the word logistics, but I don't know how to explain it. you probably got somethin good in place though.
allow me to say
stocks.

What this mod really needs is people willing to RP

bls community isnt ready for this

Players do it fine even in the current city RPs...