[Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)

Poll

New wepons

>;^3
80 (43.5%)
No
10 (5.4%)
TY BB
94 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: [Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)  (Read 143640 times)

You also don't duel with a war hammer.
I beg to differ. You can't snipe someone in a detached manner with a war hammer; however, you can have a one on one melee combat while using one.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:24:35 PM by Deadzone »

I beg to differ. You can't snipe someone in a detached manner with a war hammer; however, you can have a one on one melee combat while using one.

"Duel" doesn't have any intrinsic connotations to melee, it just has to be a one on one with deadly weapons. If we're talking historically, then yeah, rifles are out. But so are war hammers, and morning stars, and polearms, and maces, and spears, and pretty much anything that's not a sword or a pistol.

I get that this is a melee-focused pack, but there's nothing wrong with having one or two ranged weapons, if just to cut down on servers that include a ranged weapon that's not balanced towards the pack.

"Duel" doesn't have any intrinsic connotations to melee, it just has to be a one on one with deadly weapons. If we're talking historically, then yeah, rifles are out. But so are war hammers, and morning stars, and polearms, and maces, and spears, and pretty much anything that's not a sword or a pistol.

I get that this is a melee-focused pack, but there's nothing wrong with having one or two ranged weapons, if just to cut down on servers that include a ranged weapon that's not balanced towards the pack.
I've included the rifle he's referring to. I don't really imagine someone using a single load rifle in a one-on-one duel, even for a cheap shot. Single load pistols, knives, javelins and even a crossbow might qualify; I'm less likely to include this many options though. Historically most duels were fought with swords, but that doesn't change the fact that a one-on-one combat doesn't absolutely have to be fought with a sword.

So apparently when you have filipe's club vehicle with this the hit effect for the club weapon when you hit a wall or the ground is the vehicles's pre-explosion, so there are tires flying when you do that

I'm dying
And the car's pre-explosion sound is replaced with the weapon's sound
I'll be releasing an update (Dueling V3.5) to fix this problem, change kill CI, and balance the damage of the weapons. The update will be at the same time as the release of the Medieval pack.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:34:23 PM by Deadzone »

dat rifle model dough
is gud

LEVER ACTION FLINTLOCK RIFLE WITH BAYONETTE OR MELEE FROM BUTSTOCK HYYYPE.

i suggest 75 damage body shots and 250 damage headshots

Flintlock is probably gonna be pretty useless if it's actually made realistically. Short range of like 500 yards (rough guess, idc to go look it up), accuracy goes out the ass, and damage output would be a lot lower than Ben thinks it'd be (considering it's just a bead traveling at low velocity. Any real damage inflicted by flintlocks were caused by the projectile ricocheting off bones in the chest cavity or turning the brain to mush by bouncing around in the skull)

But that's just my 2¢

This pack is amazing, don't get me wrong; but what I'm mostly confused about is why there is a "skin" hands version and a "glove" hands version.

You know you can change the node color of a model through scripts, right?
And there is a global variable for each node color of the player....

Code: ("avatarColors.cs) [Select]
$Avatar::Color21 = "0.956863 0.878431 0.784314 1";

This pack is amazing, don't get me wrong; but what I'm mostly confused about is why there is a "skin" hands version and a "glove" hands version.

You know you can change the node color of a model through scripts, right?
And there is a global variable for each node color of the player....

Code: ("avatarColors.cs) [Select]
$Avatar::Color21 = "0.956863 0.878431 0.784314 1";
doesn't work on weapons

Flintlock is probably gonna be pretty useless if it's actually made realistically. Short range of like 500 yards (rough guess, idc to go look it up), accuracy goes out the ass, and damage output would be a lot lower than Ben thinks it'd be (considering it's just a bead traveling at low velocity. Any real damage inflicted by flintlocks were caused by the projectile ricocheting off bones in the chest cavity or turning the brain to mush by bouncing around in the skull)

But that's just my 2¢

I think weapons that wouldn't realistically have a charge up, like crossbows or guns, could work like they do in Pirates Vikings and Knights 2, in which they have kinda poor accuracy, but pressing right click aims the weapon, slowing you down, but increasing the accuracy. I feel it works out pretty well, balance-wise.

I mean, the crossbows and rifle in that game also have a 4-6 second reload animation that makes you stop moving and forces the camera down towards the weapon, so it's not just the need to aim. Maybe that could work too, I suppose? (although I don't think that bit about the camera is possible in Torque.)

As for the actual stats as long as we're spitballing here, maybe it could work like one of the crossbows, or the rifle from PVK2.

• The rifle deals moderate-high damage (I think the equivalent would be about ~40-45 damage) to the torso, deals high damage to the head. Probably the most "sniper" weapon of the ranged weapons in the game, but also generates a stuffton of smoke both trailing the projectile and in a cloud in front of the gun.
  • The crossbow used by the Archer class deals moderate-high damage, but has a large amount of knockback, used mainly as a "get the hell out of my face" weapon.

Granted, these are both on classes with low health and armor, average speed, and with poor melee weapons, so it's really the server owner's fault when the guy with plate armor and a longsword also gets a crossbow and then suddenly everything turns into Call of Duty: Medieval Warfare, but there are ways to make ranged weapons balanced as sort of secondary weapons for melee-focused guys.

Also on an unrelated note I think that's actually a matchlock.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:01:12 PM by Mr. Jelly »

If I were to include anything that is flint-locked, it would be a pistol. Don't get your hopes up for this pack having a ranged weapon though... The main reason for the knife is for runners, and everyone should be equipped with the throwing knives.

WaitForDuelingPistolsLel
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:31:59 PM by Deadzone »

Dueling Pistols eh?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:36:46 PM by Ph03n1xR1z1ng »