New wepons

>;^3
80 (43.5%)
No
10 (5.4%)
TY BB
94 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: [Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)  (Read 143633 times)

i thought you promised rifle
or is it not finished
or is it in an unreleased "ranged" pack

I don't actually know how to make a shield work properly.

One of the problems with having radius explosions from a weapon, is that it will affect the user as well. So if you have a knock-back shock wave, the person swinging the weapon will be knocked back as well.

We've gone past the realistic weapons that are in the default/medieval packs; I'm looking forward to having some interesting attacks that variate from just doing crap-loads of damage. An axe-musket is a nice example of something that may happen, though it may not be exactly that.
I can think of a way that we could implement that type of weapon, one where it switches styles after performing a power strike; however, each weapon can only support so many sequence commands. If I were to take that idea and use it, it wouldn't be exact same weapon in terms of design.

I have a lot of models that I'm looking forward to working with--a big thank you to Mr. N0body for giving them to me. I can't promise that all of your suggestions will make it into the final product, but don't be deterred. I hope to stick to this project as it grows, and to make something unique and enjoyable.
You should look at the akimbo guns script for right click mechanics and try and get shield bash working so the shield isn't just for show. Maybe a short range projectile that can blind (whiteout) if you hit people for a short amount of time? Love the pack though, props to you

All this needs is a good ol quarterstaff and we've achieved complete chivalry

No Gladius?

Try downloading the latest version before asking pls

All this needs is a good ol quarterstaff and we've achieved complete chivalry

Like This?

I can do that.

You should look at the akimbo guns script for right click mechanics and try and get shield bash working so the shield isn't just for show. Maybe a short range projectile that can blind (whiteout) if you hit people for a short amount of time? Love the pack though, props to you
Akimbo Guns doesn't use right click. There is somewhat of a shield bash already, but it's just a charge attack.

How about some pirate-era weapons? (if you're not already, that is. "Historical packs" is kind of a vague term)

Don't think it'd be any more than a handful of weapons, though. Off the top of my head the only weapons I can think of that'd match the mechanics of current weapons would be cutlass, rapier, rapier and buckler, boarding axe, fist + hook as fist reskin. Maybe an oar but that's a little silly.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:18:57 PM by Mr. Jelly »

do the shields have any functionality as an attack blocker when they are positioned in front of the player?

i would also like to suggest a feature - an animation change to the first sword slash pose on weapons if you haven't clicked in a few seconds. this keeps your character from walking around awkwardly with their hands as far from their body as possible with their sword ready to strike.

i suppose the above would require a bunch of code rewriting and it's too late in the game to do, but it's just a thought.

i thought you promised rifle
or is it not finished
or is it in an unreleased "ranged" pack

In an earlier post Deadzone explained that a rifle was not a dueling weapon

It will be its own add on if made

Like This?

I can do that.

exactly like that

quarterstaves were used in the medieval times

These medieval weapons look Great with my Armor! They go hand in hand really.

exactly like that

quarterstaves were used in the medieval times

Alright then, will be released in the future

I think it would be a good idea to make a spear and shield, so we can have phalanxes.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:22:41 AM by Ph03n1xR1z1ng »

I' drove it if you made Greek and roman weapons for this (and armor!!!)

Sorry for asking but how do you get the Armor shown in the Images?