Author Topic: Your Own Building Code  (Read 3184 times)

I use as little custom bricks as possible and I've never loving ever used a brick from a filler brick pack.
If you have to use filler bricks when building, you aren't trying hard enough.

(though there are some bricks that I would like to be a part of the default brickset)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:45:13 PM by Paradon »

My main rule: All brick edges must over lap, no two bricks on top of each other should end at the same point. If I were to build the walls out of lego and pushed it then nothing should happen.

#1 - who cares if it uses a lot of bricks i just want to make it beautiful as i am capable of

#2 - NEVER get ANYTHING done
yup

I make a template first on the floor of what I want where. 
  • Yellow is for walls
  • Red is something I'll delete
  • Green or blue means a permanent floor

Most rooms are 7 bricks tall, but for fancy things I use 8-10 height and basements are often 6. 

All brick edges must over lap, no two bricks on top of each other should end at the same point.
Invisible Bricks - do not use unless absolutely necessary as in there is absolutely no other way. The only time it is ok to use them is for hiding spawns and emitter effects.
Wall height - Walls should have at least 2 extra plates added to them, one for the floor and one for the roof. Walls should be a minimum of 7 bricks high

build in private and only invite niff so people won't judge my stuff :(

- Use as less lines as possible (looks cleaner).
- Any invisible bricks have to be white.
- Make it shader friendly (looks good with shaders on).

don't use cheat bricks. i hate 1x5x1 or 3x7x4. only time i use filler packs is if the category was lacking originally, like 3x height bricks.

i hate 1x5x1 or 3x7x4. only time i use filler packs is if the category was lacking originally, like 3x height bricks.

Me too. :) Death to the uneven numbers! I like x2 and 3 heights tho.