Poll

name/logo

yes
117 (63.9%)
no (vote for this)
66 (36.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: BAM Development (see page 25)  (Read 44205 times)

:cookie:  do you guys have a date set for when this is going to be done?  :cookie:

why quote someone and give no input? it's handicapped and you aren't changing anything besides upping your post count.
if you want me to tell my reasons ok bitch:

• people would possibly beg the creator
  • it might be just for private sharing
  • they call it private for a reason: so if people see it they may be like: oh ok lemme pm tbd or some1

That doesn't really work when everyone already knows about those crappy private add-ons that only their selective group can have. Allowing people to see the page would do nothing more than hosting a server with that add-on activated.
but what if they don't activate it but make it a private addon?

the only addon i made private forever is the loving ion cannon when i was dumb

i release everything else because i want feedback and so

:cookie: :cookie:
dont
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:29:45 PM by Hawt »

So you suggest that BAM implements two private add-on systems that work exactly the same way except that one showcases your add-on to the public and the other one doesn't? Even in a perfect world that would be absurd, and this world isn't perfect so nobody would use the private add-on system and everyone would use the beta add-on system.
fixed

The reason why I don't support private add-ons is because situations like this occur all the time:
'hey thats a cool addon when will you release'
'never its private lol look how cool i am with it XDXDXDXD'
'forget you'

How about we have no private add-on system?

what if we don't have a private add-on system because it's so loving controversial, but instead have a beta add-on system
beta add-ons
+ have controlled downloads
+ are okay for us to review - they're public, just not public yet
+ the more feedback a dev working in beta gets, the better
private add-ons:
+ bitching
+ complaining

sounds win win to me

yeah i blew a bunch of logical fallacies right there, someone prove me wrong...

what if we don't have a private add-on system because it's so loving controversial, but instead have a beta add-on system
beta add-ons
private add-ons:
+ bitching
+ complaining

sounds win win to me

this

Why?

First of all, it would be a waste of your time. Do critics judge art when it's only half-painted?

Secondly, privacy is sometimes nice when working on things to prevent people from going "ooohhh can I have it??". This argument:
The reason why I don't support private add-ons is because situations like this occur all the time:
'hey thats a cool addon when will you release'
'never its private lol look how cool i am with it XDXDXDXD'
'forget you'
is terrible. Just because you can't get something right away means that you shouldn't include a useful feature? No. Do you really think that having a lack of proper features on some add-on hosting service is going to stop people from doing that?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:07:52 AM by Greek2me »

This argument:is terrible. Just because you can't get something right away means that you shouldn't include a useful feature? No. Do you really think that having a lack of proper features on some add-on hosting service is going to stop people from doing that?

No. I don't want a hosting service to ENCURAGE this.

Secondly, privacy is sometimes nice when working on things to prevent people from going "ooohhh can I have it??".
I approve of keeping beta/unfinished stuff private.

Crispy_, what are you even trying to accomplish? Private add-ons may or may not be supported, but they will be private.

beta add-ons
private add-ons:
+ bitching
+ complaining

sounds win win to me

I like this. Do it this way, it'll be a lot better for everyone.

Crispy_, what are you even trying to accomplish? Private add-ons may or may not be supported, but they will be private.
I'm trying to explain how your mod should not support private add-ons.

Crispy, I'm pretty sure you're the only one here that doesn't want a proper private addons system. If it was really that serious a problem then it would've crashed and burned when it was put into rtb.

Crispy, I'm pretty sure you're the only one here that doesn't want a proper private addons system.
Are you really that full of yourself?

If it was really that serious a problem then it would've crashed and burned when it was put into rtb.
It wasn't that much of a problem because there were so few private RTB add-ons. Maybe 60? I don't remember the exact number.

It wasn't that much of a problem because there were so few private RTB add-ons. Maybe 60? I don't remember the exact number.
RTB had 3,318 add-ons, 559 of which were private.

Are you really that full of yourself?
I don't think you know what the term 'full of yourself' means..
RTB had 3,318 add-ons, 559 of which were private.
I was just about to bring this up, I forgot the actual number though.

So in other words: one in every six addons hosted on rtb was private.

As I said, if there was an issue that would be significantly less.