Poll

name/logo

yes
117 (63.9%)
no (vote for this)
66 (36.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: BAM Development (see page 25)  (Read 44054 times)

Using lines as a basis for anything is pointless.

function foo() { ... } function bar() { ... } for (...) { if (...) quit(); }

I'd really like everyone's opinion on this question, including people who aren't on the team.

function wordsFromBeginning(%txt, %n)
{
   return getWords(%txt, 0, %n);
}

$text = "Hello world, how are you?";

for(%a = 5; %a >= 0; %a -= 2)
   echo(wordsFromBeginning($text, %a) SPC wordsFromBeginning($text, %a - 1));

7 lines, go ahead and try it out
sorry, let me say that differently: lines can be used as a low-weight metric in addition to a number of other things to assign a proper threat level

I can't tell if this style is too different or not.

I think it would be better to have designs like RTB that fit with the rest of the GUIs in blockland

Or better yet, redesign all of the GUIs in blockland  :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:25:03 PM by Fluff-is-back »

Using lines as a basis for anything is pointless.

function foo() { ... } function bar() { ... } for (...) { if (...) quit(); }
Anything formatted like this should be instantly failed for handicapation, and line endings should be automatically converted to CR + LF to prevent issues like this.

And by "this," I mean containing 4 statements or more on a single line.

sorry, let me say that differently: lines can be used as a low-weight metric in addition to a number of other things to assign a proper threat level
That's better :p

Maybe have a middle-level type of reviewer? One that has the ability to approve but only for mods/updates that are very low threat level.
Good idea!

Privileged Reviewers:
A very small group of people who can approve/fail any mod.

Basic Reviewers:
A slightly bigger group of people who can approve/fail mods with very low threat levels.

Junior Reviewers:
A moderately large group of people who can see pending submissions/updates and comment on them, etc.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:45:53 PM by jes00 »

IMO, I think there should be a fourth class for the lowest, people that just comment on the add-on.

Anything formatted like this should be instantly failed for handicapation, and line endings should be automatically converted to CR + LF to prevent issues like this.

And by "this," I mean containing 4 statements or more on a single line.
That's better :p
Well, if we do deep brown townysis on the mods anyway, we could use statements as the metric instead of SLoC.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:50:23 PM by DontCare4Free »

Well, if we do deep brown townysis on the mods for the brown townysis anyway, we could use statements as the metric instead of SLoC.

Yep, we do direct tokenization.

IMO, I think there should be a fourth class for the lowest, people that just comment on the add-on.
It doesn't make sense for this to be anything but either public or just the review team.
I don't know which it will be, but...

It doesn't make sense for this to be anything but either public or just the review team.
I don't know which it will be, but...
Well maybe if there is issues or bugs with an add-on and enough people comment on it, it sends a request to the maker of the add-on to update the add-on.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:54:41 PM by Kamutog »

i mean, people will definitely be able to comment on the mod after release, that's a given

is an auto-updater implemented? if not, you should implement it asap so we don't have to continuously go to the website to download a simple update.

i mean, people will definitely be able to comment on the mod after release, that's a given
What I was saying is that if enough people complain about a bug then it should notify the author of the mod to fix the add-on.

is an auto-updater implemented? if not, you should implement it asap so we don't have to continuously go to the website to download a simple update.

There's no mirror of the client at all, so what is the point of adding an auto updater now?

What I was saying is that if enough people complain about a bug then it should notify the author of the mod to fix the add-on.
if just one person complains about a bug it'll notify the author of the add-on.
this is practically a given...