Author Topic: LugHost hosting -- Service shutting down (page 11)  (Read 12141 times)

For clarification, if it even needs it, Electrk was one of my beta testers for the last two days.

I don't know what else to write, I mean there are really no features.
The server seemed to be fine; no lag at all. Once you enabled FTP it made it even better.

I really like how responsive, receptive, and cool Lugnut has been. He is the best part of the service ♥
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:04:06 PM by Electrk. »

The control panel (for whatever it's worth)
Myself

Any downsides - if the server sucked somehow, if the fact that you have to use FTP sucked... I'm trying to be honest about the faults here.
While my service really doesn't have a lot right now, if it takes off I will be adding these widely wanted features - web based add-on management, web based pref control, web based whatever considering you all love that so much for some reason. (I honestly don't understand what is so unappealing about a simplistic server - the server looks almost like it's on your own machine. Regardless, you guys want web interfaces, so I'll make a web interface.)

If the service gets off the ground, I'll put up a poll about what people want me to give priority to working on, and then I'll honor it. That's the biggest guarantee you guys get by paying - continued development. There is no incentive other than the goodness of their hearts for Hammerhost and CBMHost to keep expanding or changing. Another benefit people get by choosing LugHost is that they're keeping options on the playing field - what happens when Hammerhost and CBMHost hit capacity? LugHost will never hit capacity by design. It can grow easily on a client-by-client basis.

I don't know what else to tell you guys. If you have a little faith in me, I can bring you the things you guys really want.

^^ This is what makes a real service.

I don't know the specifics on MyHosting's billing. If this service does not get it's 4 people (four people at $6 a pop!) or 3 people ($8!) by the hour before they decide to charge me (which might be midnight tonight for all I know) I'll have to nuke it.
I'll go check now.

Oh, look. 5AM my time. How convenient - I'm going to get a lot of clients in the next 7 hours.
Maybe I'll trim the fat and run the VPS as a Minecraft server or something.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:22:08 AM by Lugnut »

How do I order a server?

How do I order a server?
You send me a private message (by going to my profile by clicking on my username, send pm is on the left)  saying how many servers you want and if you're willing to pay $8 or only $6.
Keep in mind (I've said this 4 times now. Bears repeating.) it takes 3 $8 purchases or 4 $6 purchases to keep me afloat. Any less and I accept no one's money, and the service goes kaput.

As of right now I have two people willing to pay $8 to keep this alive.

I honestly don't understand what is so unappealing about a simplistic server
Since the Blockand server is remote, you can't easily manage it.
Don't get me started on how many of both HamHost and HammerHost's clients quit because changing the ADD_ON_LIST.cs file using FTP was too hard for them. They are not command-line geniuses  like you.

what happens when Hammerhost and CBMHost hit capacity?
I can just get more RAM and install it in the machine (up to 32 GB total)
And I've been seriously considering launching as a premium hosting service because of the web control panel. The HammerHost control panel is arguably the most full-featured one right now (ask Cowboy; he's seen it). And I am just going to keep adding features.

I have also considered free/premium hosting, with free users only getting start & stop and remote console. So it's going to be easy for me to expand; it's not like I get a server computer and that's it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:26:00 AM by Hammereditor5 »

8/10 no lag whatsoever yet

I'd love to see this launch, I'd say it will become more popular as more people find out about it.

I think I might be willing to get a server. For 6 or 8? I sort of need one soon because I want to continue development of What Remains.

I think I might be willing to get a server. For 6 or 8? I sort of need one soon because I want to continue development of What Remains.
Lugnut needs clients more urgently than I do, so good choice.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:07:36 AM by Hammereditor5 »

I can give you one on HammerHost for free.
PM me for.more details. I can also show you the control panel.

Why are you trying to advertise your own hosting service in a topic for a newly started hosting service that really needs an initial set of users?
richard move.

Since the Blockand server is remote, you can't easily manage it.
Don't get me started on how many of both HamHost and HammerHost's clients quit because changing the ADD_ON_LIST.cs file using FTP was too hard for them. They are not command-line geniuses  like you.
I can just get more RAM and install it in the machine (up to 32 GB total)
And I've been seriously considering launching as a premium hosting service because of the web control panel. The HammerHost control panel is arguably the most full-featured one right now (ask Cowboy; he's seen it). And I am just going to keep adding features.

I have also considered free/premium hosting, with free users only getting start & stop and remote console. So it's going to be easy for me to expand; it's not like I get a server computer and that's it.
Go make your own topic. I'm fine with all three of us going back and forth in topics like this one, but I think the playing field is level here thanks to the lack of RTB - lets take this opportunity to stay out of the other services topics.
Lugnut needs clients more urgently than I do, so good choice.
I saw that edit, but I don't care - thanks for changing your mind.

I have 3 people interested in the $8 price point. I also allowed the VPS to renew, so.... yeah. Looks like LugHost is still kicking. I'll PM them payment details, and set them up.

I've gotten payment from one, another said he'd pay shortly, and Aduioa is running his giveaway.

Nothing else to report. I hope those first 3 will write what they think about the service after they've used it for a little while!