Author Topic: Roblox is Dead  (Read 72266 times)

first off, the minifig does look horrible, but I liked that you could upload an image on your chest.
------------------------
The only thing wrong with the Roblox Minifig is that creepy smile. Ours is way more customizable.

anyways when I got in, I noticed the controls, although not as bad as previously mentioned, reaching over for the jump key is just hard when your shooting( on another note, you can shoot behind yourself with the slingshot)
That's true, although W,S,D,A are controls most games use.

quote]I brought up the insert menu... 3 minutes later I got into the insert menu, then I looked around the things in it, with 3 minute loading time between menus. Having prebuilt teams and CTF is nice, and the entire menu is fine except for the loading times.[
That's exaggerating. I will admit that the insert menu takes a while to load, but the time is under a minute.

Anyways I built-- or tried to build something. It was hard to get used to and the third person would mess up and the brick would tilt on its own. It was also hard to get it in the right spot because its so sensitive. I cant imagine trying to make a real build like that.
I decided to destroy the demo house to test the physics, and they were ok, not too realistic, but ok.(house being held up by one brick, layer falling down on top of the destroyed layer with no bricks lost)
That is because you tried building in Solo Mode. Try using the Roblox Studio
 (from Start--->All Programs-->ROBLOX-->ROBLOX Studio if you are using a PC) That will also give you acsess to tools such as Grab, Move on Axis, and Resize. Building on Roblox is much easier than it is on Blockland.

I decided to join an online server, to see how that went.
It was a challenge server, A heavily modified one, there was no lag but it was hard( especially since im not used to the controls)
So I joined another one.
This one was a zombie server, which wwas actually pretty cool, but the weapons were unresponsive and I died alot due to slow weapons.

That's because the owner of the server made or added weapons with slow reload times.

-Rombom, Roblox Member.
Erm no no, i disagree strongly with the first comment, all you cna do with your is add hats and decals...our has much much more.

The rest of your comments to our comments are lies and you know our comments are correct.

Who knows more, a Veteran of the game, or someone who tried it out for less than an hour?

Who knows more, a Veteran of the game, or someone who tried it out for less than an hour?
5 hours

Wow. Big difference.

ROBLOX and Blockland are worlds appart.

Not enough energy to break them both down.

first off, the minifig does look horrible, but I liked that you could upload an image on your chest.
------------------------
The only thing wrong with the Roblox Minifig is that creepy smile. Ours is way more customizable.
We can change the body, the hat, the hands, the arms, the feet, the legs, change the body's decal, and change the FACES decal.

anyways when I got in, I noticed the controls, although not as bad as previously mentioned, reaching over for the jump key is just hard when your shooting( on another note, you can shoot behind yourself with the slingshot)
Our controls are much easier to use (learned them in five minutes, however, in your I tried it for three days and failed) and you can change them (Can you do that in roboblox, I never tried)

I brought up the insert menu... 3 minutes later I got into the insert menu, then I looked around the things in it, with 3 minute loading time between menus. Having prebuilt teams and CTF is nice, and the entire menu is fine except for the loading times.
That's exaggerating. I will admit that the insert menu takes a while to load, but the time is under a minute.
You might be right, but for an normal computer, it takes forever, and that REALLY annoying. REALLY!

Anyways I built-- or tried to build something. It was hard to get used to and the third person would mess up and the brick would tilt on its own. It was also hard to get it in the right spot because its so sensitive. I cant imagine trying to make a real build like that.
I decided to destroy the demo house to test the physics, and they were ok, not too realistic, but ok.(house being held up by one brick, layer falling down on top of the destroyed layer with no bricks lost)
 (from Start--->All Programs-->ROBLOX-->ROBLOX Studio if you are using a PC) That will also give you acsess to tools such as Grab, Move on Axis, and Resize. Building on Roblox is much easier than it is on Blockland.
Yes, the roblox studio IS handy, but the physics are messed up (slightly better then ours thou) and really annoying, also laggy. On blockland I can build a house in two minutes, and a nice one too, blockland is extreamly easy to build in, have you ever even tried?

It was a challenge server, A heavily modified one, there was no lag but it was hard( especially since im not used to the controls)
So I joined another one.
This one was a zombie server, which was actually pretty cool, but the weapons were unresponsive and I died alot due to slow weapons.

That's because the owner of the server made or added weapons with slow reload times.

Can't say much to that, except its REALLY annoying to DM in roboblox.

AND:
Blockland has trust, yours doesn't. Need a explain?
Also, you must pay for blockland, which you might say bad things about, but it stops access to people who make fifty accounts, get banned from a server, and come back in.

Can we at least have a Roblox member post without being choked? He brings up really good points, settle down.

Lets not start a flame war-- I was just pointing out my personal experience with it.

But I cant help myself when it comes to retaliation.
Our minifig is more customizable
1) has customizable color picker
2) more things to attach
3) custom shirts and faces
4) different kinds of pants & bodies(male, female, hooks for hands, ect.)

I think players of each game can argue about the building, because theyre used to their games building style.

the dm was lagging, not slow weaponry, because sometimes it would be fast and smooth, and other times there would be slow responses, to my jumping and moving as well. I have problems like that in Blockland too, I was really just saying.

Anyways, dont poke the subject, I dont want another flame war because I went on roblox to see what it was like.

Blockland does have Customizable faces...but not everyone can see it. They must have the decal downloaded.

Your all repeating stuff that was said in Digmasters post

------------------------

quote]I brought up the insert menu... 3 minutes later I got into the insert menu, then I looked around the things in it, with 3 minute loading time between menus. Having prebuilt teams and CTF is nice, and the entire menu is fine except for the loading times.[

So I joined another one.
This one was a zombie server, which wwas actually pretty cool, but the weapons were unresponsive and I died alot due to slow weapons.

-Rombom, Roblox Member.
Ugh, did you even TRY building on Blockland? It's much easyer for huge builds I don't really know how to build on Roblox and I've Played for more than 10 hours.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have.

Your blocks have to be moved with odd controls, and once they are placed, you cannot move them again (as far as I know)
Your brick size selection is also very limited.

In Roblox, bricks are moved with the mouse, or "Move on axis" Tools, can be resized, and can be be locked and unlocked to prevent or allow selection with the mouse.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have.

Your blocks have to be moved with odd controls, and once they are placed, you cannot move them again (as far as I know)
Your brick size selection is also very limited.

In Roblox, bricks are moved with the mouse, or "Move on axis" Tools, can be resized, and can be be locked and unlocked to prevent or allow selection with the mouse.
Hmm.. Well.
The brick controls CAN take a while to get used to, thats an OK point, but its not that much of a learning curve. For the moving thing, thats an OK point aswell. You can make custom bricks of any size through simple scripts, but I don't blame you for not noticing.
Also! You cannot place emitters or lights on your bricks, or items. Blockland deathmatches tend to be of much epicness due to low lag and awesome weapons made by the commuity. Plus you can't unlock the bricks for individual users on Roblox, can you?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 07:51:07 PM by dUMBELLS »

I tried another roblox server, and I got used to the building, and it was cool, untill someone started destroying my stairwell to my house.