Author Topic: Roblox is Dead  (Read 72445 times)

What do you mean our brick selection is limited, we can have a total of 4,032 different flat plate bricks, and that is only counting plates that are 64x64 and smaller. Multiply that by however many units tall the brick can be, I'll just use 15 plates which is the standard size of the wall bricks, and you've got 60,480 different bricks. You can go higher though, I've seen walls that are 90 plates high. Counting walls 90 plates high and less, between the dimensions of 1x1 and 64x64, there is a total of 362,880 possible unique rectangular bricks. And we've got window, cylinder, tree, slope, castle wall and fence bricks as well.

I tried another roblox server, and I got used to the building, and it was cool, untill someone started destroying my stairwell to my house.
Uh, no trust system? Do you have to play online as well?

If so that sucks something bad.

first off, the minifig does look horrible, but I liked that you could upload an image on your chest.
------------------------
The only thing wrong with the Roblox Minifig is that creepy smile. Ours is way more customizable.
No. just no. the roblox minifig looks like a few boxes animated into some kind of evil blocky Frankenstein with Down's syndrome. not to mention it looks like it took about 30 seconds to model.

anyways when I got in, I noticed the controls, although not as bad as previously mentioned, reaching over for the jump key is just hard when your shooting( on another note, you can shoot behind yourself with the slingshot)
That's true, although W,S,D,A are controls most games use.
most games allow you to strafe...

quote]I brought up the insert menu... 3 minutes later I got into the insert menu, then I looked around the things in it, with 3 minute loading time between menus. Having prebuilt teams and CTF is nice, and the entire menu is fine except for the loading times.[
That's exaggerating. I will admit that the insert menu takes a while to load, but the time is under a minute.
yeah.. it took forever to load on my computer, it's nothing special but i have 5mb DSL... not to mention the website is confusing... why can't you just pull up a server list?

Anyways I built-- or tried to build something. It was hard to get used to and the third person would mess up and the brick would tilt on its own. It was also hard to get it in the right spot because its so sensitive. I cant imagine trying to make a real build like that.
I decided to destroy the demo house to test the physics, and they were ok, not too realistic, but ok.(house being held up by one brick, layer falling down on top of the destroyed layer with no bricks lost)
That is because you tried building in Solo Mode. Try using the Roblox Studio
 (from Start--->All Programs-->ROBLOX-->ROBLOX Studio if you are using a PC) That will also give you acsess to tools such as Grab, Move on Axis, and Resize. Building on Roblox is much easier than it is on Blockland.

wow. sounds like loads of fun. basically like a 3d modeling program, but you're limited to the same selection of the same god damn bricks.

I decided to join an online server, to see how that went.
It was a challenge server, A heavily modified one, there was no lag but it was hard( especially since im not used to the controls)
So I joined another one.
This one was a zombie server, which wwas actually pretty cool, but the weapons were unresponsive and I died alot due to slow weapons.

That's because the owner of the server made or added weapons with slow reload times.
Or lag....

-Rombom, Roblox Member.

Roblox is a game in Deep Alpha. From what I know the devs are working on strafing, and most of the community likes the blocky minifigs.

As for bricks and building, we don't need to use scripts to resize bricks. through the studio, you can resize any brick, and use tools or the brick properties menu to make to change the brick's color, make it reflective, transparent, anchored (so it can't be moved)
locked (so it can't be selected), or to change it into a cylinder, sphere, plate, or smyetrical. additionally, we have meshes for even more different brick shapes.
And all the bricks are simply moved with the mouse.

I.
Told.
You.
(the members of blockland forums)
Not.
To.
Start.
A.
FLAME WAR

roblox is not dead. in fact it is our biggest threat out there. it has over 100,000 people and lots to do. not saying it's better but it is not dead

roblox is not dead. in fact it is our biggest threat out there. it has over 100,000 people and lots to do. not saying it's better but it is not dead

Thank you for considering us a threat.

It freezes for to long when I try to do anything.
And I hate clicking to move to a spot

Clicking to move is an alternate way of moving.
You can also use the Arrow Keys or WSDA.

Wow, Game wars.

You guys are cool.

Each game has its Ups and Downs...this needs to be locked.

Meh, I just show up whenever a thread like this appears.

it is immature of people to post these things.

no he ment roblox is a threat

no he ment roblox is a threat

Hence "Thank you for considering us a threat."

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how yours is better.

Roblox has some high points, but blockland has a much lower learning curve, and many more features.

I'd love to see the game when it comes out of Beta thou.