Author Topic: Roblox is Dead  (Read 72430 times)

I think it's about time I stepped in. In total, I've played Roblox for approximately 1 month, now. I will compare the two, with full honesty. I am not biased at all because I feel like playing the other every once in a while.

Blockland
Pros:
  • Easy building
  • Creative and original minifigs
  • Several different building environments
  • Good graphics

Cons:
  • Lacks physics
  • Custom decals are not shown between different players
  • Community has been overrun by noobs and newbs.
=========================================
ROBLOX
Pros:
  • Excellent graphics
  • Excellent physics

Cons:
  • Difficult building
  • Average player age is 11
  • Awful minifigs
  • Low customization options

Overall, Blockland wins by a mile when it comes to actual building and fun.

ROBLOX wins if you want to see bricks fly everywhere.
I would once again have to disagree on the point of difficult building in Roblox compared to in Blockland.

BLOCKLAND CONTROLS TO BUILD:

Number Pad 7: Rotate Brick CCW
Number Pad 9: Rotate Brick CW
Number Pad 2,4,6,8: Move Brick Horizontally
Number Pad 5: Move Brick Down 1 Unit
Number Pad +: Move Brick Up 1 Unit
Number Pad 1: Move Brick Down 1/3 Unit
Number Pad 3: Move Brick Up 1/3 Unit
NumPad Enter: Plant Brick
NumPad 0: Cancel Brick

ROBLOX CONTROLS TO BUILD:

Use Mouse to do stuff.

Where does it say 'Alpha' on the front page of this website? You have to go and specifically go to the News part, and further to the "Deep Alpha" section hidden at the side to find the word 'alpha' on anything except 'alpha stage' generic logo Cafepress T-Shirts.

Where does it say 'Alpha' on the front page of this website? You have to go and specifically go to the News part, and further to the "Deep Alpha" section hidden at the side to find the word 'alpha' on anything except 'alpha stage' generic logo Cafepress T-Shirts.
Wrong.
http://www.roblox.com/info/About.aspx
"Our product remains under heavy development and is currently in public alpha testing."

I was browsing the site and found this:

http://www.roblox.com/Parents/WhatParentsAreSaying.aspx

Best game ever?
...Wtf?

Wrong.
"Our product remains under heavy development and is currently in public alpha testing."
front page

Wrong.
front page

What I meant was, you DON'T have to go to the news section or generic logo Cafepress T-Shirts.

It's not exactly easy to find. If something is in alpha, it should probably be stated on the front page in bold letters.

Shouldn't the game be finished before things like 'Builders Club' memberships and the T-Shirts are sold?

Shouldn't the game be finished before things like 'Builders Club' memberships and the T-Shirts are sold?
Don't people deserve to earn a living, as well as pay for servers without which the game would not exist?

Rombom, I've tried building in both. And suffice it to say, Blockland wins by a longshot.

First of all, the numpad. Simple as that.

Rotation
7 - Left Turn
9 - Right Turn

Brick Movement
Horizontal
8 - Away
4 - Left
6 - Right
2 - Towards

Vertical
+ - Up
5 - Down
3 - 1/3 Up
1 - 1/3 Down

Brick Placement
Enter - Brick Placement

It doesn't get any simpler than that. On the other hand, on Roblox, you have to be extra careful to place a brick on another brick. It looks way harder than it actually is, but before you start criticizing Blockland in a bad way, try the fucking game.

Most people can move bricks without thinking about it.

Most people can move bricks without thinking about it.
QFT

Rombom, I've tried building in both. And suffice it to say, Blockland wins by a longshot.

Rotation
7 - Left Turn
9 - Right Turn

Brick Movement
Horizontal
8 - Away
4 - Left
6 - Right
2 - Towards

Vertical
+ - Up
5 - Down
3 - 1/3 Up
1 - 1/3 Down

Brick Placement
Enter - Brick Placement

It doesn't get any simpler than that. On the other hand, on Roblox, you have to be extra careful to place a brick on another brick. It looks way harder than it actually is, but before you start criticizing Blockland in a bad way, try the fucking game.

As I already said, I hae tried it. It took me 15 minutes just to find the controls, and it gets MUCH simpler.
If you build from the studio, place bricks is easy. Click and hold, then move the mouse around

R = Rotate
T = Tilt

We also get simple tools to resize and recolor bricks, and, if you complain about moving bricks with the mouse, try the Move on Axis tool, making sure the brick is anchored first.

If it took you 15 mins to find  them you musta been to stupid to open the options menu and look at the controls?

Rotation
7 - Left Turn
9 - Right Turn

Brick Movement
Horizontal
8 - Away
4 - Left
6 - Right
2 - Towards

Vertical
+ - Up
5 - Down
3 - 1/3 Up
1 - 1/3 Down

Brick Placement
Enter - Brick Placement

As I already said, I hae tried it. It took me 15 minutes just to find the controls, and it gets MUCH simpler.
If you build from the studio, place bricks is easy. Click and hold, then move the mouse around

R = Rotate
T = Tilt

We also get simple tools to resize and recolor bricks, and, if you complain about moving bricks with the mouse, try the Move on Axis tool, making sure the brick is anchored first.
Spray can and Brick Generators. Maybe count the Editor Wand from Return to Blockland.

Rombom, like I said, I've played ROBLOX for about a month. Which would consider me an average player. Meaning:

I've tried everything there is to do on a free account on ROBLOX.

Which includes building. Even if "r" is to rotate, and "t" is to tilt, it's still completely hard to build. Especially when you place the bricks, they just fall down.

Unlike on Blockland, you turn it 90 degrees, and place it. Now, GTFO and go back to ROBLOX.